Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,685   Posts: 1,548,610   Online: 1316

Shooter
    Multi Format

Anscoflex- top reel won't move anymore.

Hello everyone, I'm really hoping someone has some experience with one of these, and I hope it isn't just a bad case of operator error.

I know it probably wasn't designed as such, but I have an Anscoflex that I would consider a toy camera, and like any good toy, it broke.

The winding knob will no longer advance the top reel, so I can't load film into it.

I was previously able to run a roll of Ilford HP-5 120 film through it and I didn't run into any problems, but I tried to run some Fuji Neopan through it, and was able to wind it up to the first picture. Once I took it, I tried to advance to the next frame, but the film wouldn't move. I got the film out, and I see that the top reel no longer moves. The shutter still works, and the wheel will release it once It's been pushed.

If anyone has any insight I'd appreciate it very much.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "and the wheel will release it once It's been pushed."

Can you clear the last part up a little bit?
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dehk View Post
    "and the wheel will release it once It's been pushed."

Can you clear the last part up a little bit?
    Once you press the shutter, is will lock in place and you can't press it again until you wind the reel. It's something they did to prevent (in my case prohibit) double exposures

Shooter
    Multi Format
    So, the rewind knob, will move, after you take a photo, which is normal. However, even though the rewind knob moves, it does not turn the take up spool, correct?
    - Derek

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That's correct dehk.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I dont have that particular camera, but Open the back and observe if the crank or gear turns when you turn the rewind knob. If it doesn't, logically, your problem is somewhere between the rewind knob to the crank/gear on the take up spool inside the camera.
    - Derek

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Open it up and see whats not catching.
    - Derek

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you Dehk, I took the outer casing off on the side of the winding knob, and found that there was a thin metal rod which was supposed to be connecting the knob to the reel mechanism. I managed to hook the two up again, and the reel turns just fine now. Thanks for your help.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin