Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,983   Posts: 1,523,900   Online: 1047

Shooter
    Instant Films

Kodak Brownie Holiday Flash And 6-A Close Up Attachment - Help Needed

I recently picked up a Kodak Brownie Holiday Flash. As I love to do portraiture, I later purchased on eBay the 6-A Close Up Attachment. I thought I got the right one, but apparently not. The manual refers to this filter, but does not indicate what size, or how it mounts. There is a quasi threaded fitting on the inside plastic piece that houses the lens of the camera. The filter I got has 4 sets of pairs of metal tabs. Apparently, these filters were offered in different sizes. This one is 28.5mm in diameter. Needless to say, the filter just swims over the fitting- there is no way to mount it. Does anyone happen to know the right size 6-A that I need to fit this model camera?

PS- I have attached images of this situation.

Thanks,

Arthur
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 5575325477_88f4b4fd81.jpg   5575327093_5d91ce85a1.jpg   5575910548_53fd0cafcf.jpg   5575916096_fa5a0acec8.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    hmm...my baby brownie special takes a No.3 closeup attachment 24mm and snaps on good. The manual says No.3. The groves are cut out to allow bend to snap to the front (no threads or turning to put it on)...not sure if I'm helping or adding to the confusion but I think they are to just snap on (and they are snug). Does it seem that the outter part it would snap onto?
    j e s s i c a | d i t t m e r

xya

Shooter
    Medium Format
    you tried this question already on

http://www.flickr.com/groups/filmpho...7626263962147/

and

http://photo.net/classic-cameras-forum/00YU6X

obviously there are different sizes. there are some attachment models on ebay. perhaps it would be a good idea to measure precisely your camera lens "tube" inner and outer diameter and then ask the sellers to measure their item. most of them are quite helpful and will do this for you.

kind regards

reinhard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The 6-A attachment that I have fits the Kodak Duaflex camera I have.
    I love the smell of fixer in the morning...It smells like...PHOTOGRAPHY!

The photo blog has moved...
    I Love Film : by Susan McNutt, the mad photographer

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin