Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,950   Posts: 1,585,963   Online: 953

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by yeknom02 View Post
    That said, I did find this comparison article that may interest you:
    http://www.holgablog.com/2009/07/28/...-the-shootout/
    Interesting article. Seems the biggest difference is vignetting. The plastic lens does, the glass lens does not. That makes the decision easy for me. I prefer vignetting, to me it's the signature of the Holga. I still have my first Holga that I bought back in 2007. It is super sharp in the middle and vignettes wonderfully, especially in the top left corner, which goes almost black. A year later, in 2008 I bought another Holga so I could shoot two different films at the same time. I was disappointed at how different this new Holga was, not as sharp and didn't vignette quite as much. So I sold it. It really is true that every Holga is like a finger print, no two are alike.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I never had a Holga, but I would geuss that glass would be better.

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    from what ive read the glass lens is "more dreamy" and the plastic lens has more bite. The vignetting is also different.

Shooter
    35mm
    plastic one.... classy

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    I remember when the original glass-lens version (called the Woca) was out--the difference between it and the Holga 120S was negligible, and I have a hard time picturing that much could have changed since then.

BTW, Freestyle has a new version of the Holga Manual out now in their store. They haven't put it up on their site yet, though.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin