Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,908   Posts: 1,584,649   Online: 837

Thread: Polaroid 335

Walnut Grove, MN USA (Laura Ingall Wilder's home)
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Polaroid 335

I've come across a Polaroid Range Finder 335 with a flash attachment a case and a pack of 108 color film. I've never messed around with instant cameras before, and now I have two! I bought an SX-70 for $1.50 at a rummage sale. Anyway, is the 335 of any value as a useable camera, or to a collector?
    "We often think that when we have completed our study of one we know all about two, because 'two' is 'one and one'. We forget that we have still to make a study of 'and'."
    -A. S. Eddington

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 335 is a pretty good one with a glass lens. I believe it has a plastic body, if I am reading correctly, and a viewfinder that does not fold down, but functionally it is as good as any, probably, until you get into the ones with the decent lenses, like the 180 or 195 (which get pretty expensive on eBay). The film is probably a goner, I think 108 was replaced by other films quite some time ago. You can use the Fuji pack films with the camera just fine, however.

For more info than you could imagine on Polaroids, go here: http://www.rwhirled.com/landlist/landhome.htm

Walnut Grove, MN USA (Laura Ingall Wilder's home)
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks for the link. I guess I'll hunt down some batteries and play with the darned thing. It's a pretty substantial piece, seems very well made. The SX-70 I bought is one of the view finder types, so might as well play with it, too. I'm assuming I need the "impossible" film for it.
    "We often think that when we have completed our study of one we know all about two, because 'two' is 'one and one'. We forget that we have still to make a study of 'and'."
    -A. S. Eddington

xya

Shooter
    Medium Format
    the batteries are still available at:

http://www.batteriesinaflash.com/pho...kaline-battery

as they are quite expensive, don't care about the timer, you need just one for the shutter. because of the timer's thickness the first photo of the fuji film pack maybe a bit hard to pull.

have fun and if you use it regularly, you can replace the battery by a cr123 + holder, the are easy to find and last for ages. they fit perfectly into the compartment.

kind regards

reinhard

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin