Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,555   Posts: 1,545,009   Online: 712

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

(HELP) Polaroid: 6 photos left, no battery

Hello.

I just got a Polaroid 660 AF with 7 photos left.

The film is quite old i suspect: I took a picture which is very orange, but still very usable. That was the first and only shot.

It won't take anymore pictures.

When i press down the red button it does make that electric noise, but it quickly turns into another sound, that just sounds out-of-battery-like. When i press it all the way down it then doesn't take a picture.

I have repeated this many times, and it always starts off with the high pitched noise, which is weird since that to me is indicating that there is still power left.

Anyways, I suspect the battery is flat. I have en empty film pack that still has power left, but no film.

Would it be possible for me to take the sheets of film out of this pack and put it into the one with power (in a darkroom) to make a usable pack of film (with 6 photos left)?

Thanks in advance!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I had something similar happen to me with a not too old 600 pack that I had bought at my local store. Like you I thought about a flat battery and wasted the rest of the pack trying to figure out how do those packs work (I should have tried retrieving the film in the darkroom but didn't have access to one back then). But recently I watched a video tip on the Impossible Project website that suddenly rang a bell: they explained how to deal with "film stuck in packs". They just push in the original darkslide then get the pack out of the camera and tap it like a cigarette pack then insert it again in the camera and voilà, the films get ejected normally again.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel1972 View Post
    I had something similar happen to me with a not too old 600 pack that I had bought at my local store. Like you I thought about a flat battery and wasted the rest of the pack trying to figure out how do those packs work (I should have tried retrieving the film in the darkroom but didn't have access to one back then). But recently I watched a video tip on the Impossible Project website that suddenly rang a bell: they explained how to deal with "film stuck in packs". They just push in the original darkslide then get the pack out of the camera and tap it like a cigarette pack then insert it again in the camera and voilà, the films get ejected normally again.
    Ah! Well, I don't have the darkslide, but can I just take it out in a darkroom (I don't have one either, but something as good as) and tap on the film sheet on top? I guess the picture is exposed and ruined? (since i tried exposing again and again and...)

Thanks!!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    They showed the tap more like putting the pack vertically and bumping its bottom on the table or your hand. No need to touch the first film. Or just shaking the whole pack could work too I guess.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Okay. Thanks!!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi again. I watched the movie you mentioned, but there is a big difference:

The motor doesn't run in my case. It does nothing but doing the i'm-loading-electricity noise, then the other i'm-flat-noise if I hold the button half down for too long or just press it all the way down.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Took the film out... it was empty! I guess the counter was all wrong. What a dissapointment! Was hoping to do my first 7 shots ever.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin