Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,836   Posts: 1,582,425   Online: 727

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Polaroid SX-70 film expired '95

Stored in freezer. Any chance it'd still be good?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wouldn't count on the included batteries being effective.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Could one put the film in newer film packs with working battery effectively? And should the film itself be good?

E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    I wouldn't count on it being any good, especially if it was frozen, though there is no harm in trying it! When Polaroid film is frozen the chemistry pods tend to burst—it should only be refrigerated.

Shooter
    35mm
    I had some 600 speed Polaroid film which was only a few months past its expiry date, and it was completely useless. It hadn't been frozen or refrigerated, but I've read that doing either of those doesn't make a great deal of difference with instant film.

xya

Shooter
    Medium Format
    imho refrigerating helps a lot. especially with peel apart film, I recently had b+w film from 95 which was still quite o.k. but I also had sx-70 which was 4 years over the date and still fine.
    the batteries are a problem indeed. yes, it's possible to swap the battery from a recent empty cassette with a not working one. it has to be done in absolute darkness, at least I had success with this twice. the battery was good for a whole second film cassette. working it out with an empty cassette in daylight helps a lot.
    kind regards
    reinhard

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin