Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,759   Posts: 1,484,007   Online: 1154

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

FP100-C: overexposure or underdevelopment?

How do I distinguish between those?

xya

Shooter
    Medium Format
    by trial and error. the fuji film nearly can't be overdeveloped. if you add a minute to the time estimated for development, it hardly changes the result. the fuji just finishes development when all the exposed colour is transfered. there are even people who claim that they take the sandwiched pictures home and separate them then. I did not try this yet. if longer development doesn't change the result, they are underexposed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You answered about overdevelopment and underexposure. I asked about overexposure and underdevelopment.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The gist of what xya has said is that you can easily rule out underdeveloping by massively increasing the development time without affecting the end result. Then with trial and error experience you can judge between overexposure and underdevelopment for yourself.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Fujifilm Instant products are self terminating.
    Scott Sheppard
    Inside Analog Photo
    http://www.insideanalogphoto.com

ZUU

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm with the others, if you're developing in the correct time frame, even adding a minute considering it's self terminating isnt going to change the look of your image. If you develop a little over what you're meant to and it still comes out looking over exposed, it's more than likely over exposed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you overexpose and separate the film quickly this will give you overexposure and underdevelopment but this will also often give uneven development. It's instant film so experiment!
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin