Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,701   Posts: 1,548,419   Online: 1034

Shooter
    Instant Films

The Polaroid Propack & the cable release..

Alright, playing around with a Polaroid Propack, I slapped a cable release on there. It works, but barely. The pin is just long enough, and I have to really jam the release's button down to trip it. Would it be a totally bad idea to drop, say, a couple little ball bearings in the hole where the release screws on? So that the pin doesn't have to travel so far to trip the shutter, or hit the bearings? Ooorr, would I just be dropping the bearings into the hole, to rattle around inside the damn thing?

Shooter
    Instant Films
    Why do you need a cable release on a Propack?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Can you just use a cable that has a longer throw, like the Gepe Pro models have?

Shooter
    Instant Films
    frontdrive34: uhh. self portraits. ........ why else?

amac212: i borrowed a buddy's 20" gepe, and even then the throw was just a smidge too short.

Shooter
    Instant Films
    IC self portraits with an outstretched arm or a nice long cable release! I use a Polaroid timer ( http://polaroids.theskeltons.org/img/stimer.jpg )on my earlier soft folders that just pushes onto the shutter button. Maybe mod that or a similar mechanical camera timer. Mine works a treat.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin