Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,302   Posts: 1,536,177   Online: 670

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Holga Vs. Diana

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by giacomo.fiani View Post
    Well, maybe they fixed this issue in TLR model, but I'm sure that on mine (CFN) if you switch from cloudy to sunny, you'll get the very same aperture. I saw this shooting in B mode with no film and the back open. But you know these are particular cameras, maybe it's just a defect of mine, even if I read of other people having the same problem.
    I do not have an Holga, but this issue have been mentionned many time. If I understood correctly, the hole in the plastic is smaller than the hole in the aperture plate.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Quote Originally Posted by TBN View Post
    On the one I have, the two apertures are working fine.
    There's a switch on the left top of the lens - saying "flash/cloudy ~ sun".
    My guess is, the apertures are f/11 - f/16.
    Actually they're about f/8 and f/11. Holga finally got on the stick and fixed the thing...it only took them 29 years, LOL...

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Holga and the new Diana are different at least the results I get from my examples. The Holga has less spherical aberrations than the Diana personally I prefer the look of the Holga for most pictures. The Old Diana again has a different look than both the new Diana and the Holga. The older Diana has stronger spherical aberrations than the Holga but less than the new Diana, the image is somewhat softer than the Holga's but not by much. I like the Holga and old Diana equally well but the results I get from the new Diana are often too harsh (sharp, contrasty, too much aberrations). Everything I just wrote was from personal experience with the cameras I own, results might differ from other cameras by the same manufacturers. BTW Holga has solved the problems with the aperture and now offers f8 and f11. A point in favor for the new Diana is the Pinhole aperture.

Dominik

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin