Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,765   Posts: 1,484,091   Online: 1010

Shooter
    35mm

I'm a proud owner of a Polaroid colorpack II

Which I just got off of Ebay. I ran a pack of old polaroid 664 (expired 2004) as a test with semi positive results. Has anyone used the Fuji pack film? How did you like it. Thanks

James

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi

I have a model which is the same but had a different name in Australia. It works well with fuji film. So far I have shot 100c, 3000B and 100B. It took a bit of getting used to operating a pack camera - i've never used one until i was given this camera. Getting the focus right has also been a bit of trial an error not that I am looking for pin sharp focus on a polaroid! The Colour film is great and of the black and whites i prefer the 100B although I think they have stopped making it. This could be because i shot the 3000B as my first pack of film in this camera and i had a few problems (all due to me not the camera). I wish they made a sepia tone film and the chocolate film polaroid used to make. Who knows if 100C etc sells well they may expand the product line but given they have just cease 100B I think this is unlikely. Enjoy your camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can still buy the 100B but sadly yes, it is discontinued... shoot it while you can and the others too! Not sure how much longer pack film will be around with Fuji seeing better sales on Instax.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    35mm
    I also shoot an Instax 210 - very good images. They tend to lack the muted tones you get with polaroid 600 but they are sharp, bright, colourful images. Unfortunately no B&W instax film (?yet) i think pack film still has scientific applications and uses such as passport photo machines. It should (hopefully) be around for awhile.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by andrew2000 View Post
    ...i think pack film still has scientific applications and uses such as passport photo machines. It should (hopefully) be around for awhile.
    I sure hope you're right!
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    35mm
    I agree about the focusing. It can take some getting use to. Since there isn't really any kind of sharp focus indicator, just the numbers representing how far away the subject is. But as you mentioned, ultra sharp pinpoint focus isn't what I'm after. This was for the pure fun of trying a different film.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin