Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,536   Posts: 1,544,091   Online: 1003

Shooter
    Multi Format

Polaroid 150 light leak

Is there any way of telling from photo where to look for light leak? I have converted it to a pack film using a back off a Polaroid Super Shooter. I have tryed closing camera back with small flashlight and can not see any leaks. The leak is always in the same place on each photo. Ideas anyone?

“Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sorry for small image, I am computer challenged.
    “Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children. This is not a way of life at all in any true sense. Under the clouds of war, it is humanity hanging on a cross of iron.”
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Are you pushing the pack into the camera at that same point every time? Kinda looks more like a pressure mark than a light leak (though it's hard to tell it's so tiny). Otherwise it might be a pin hole in the bellows?

Since images are upside down and flipped left to right, I'd use that information to find the pin hole... maybe top left area?

Also since it's a conversion... have you checked to see if the lens/bellows when closed up press against the film pack? That might cause a pressure mark.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Heather, thanks for the help. I have fooled around with polaroids for a long time but had never considered the right left point. And there is a slight wrinkle located top left.
    Just checked your site, WOW, love the images.
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Heather you were right on the money about location of light leak, I covered the bellows and ta-ta no light leak. Thank you
    ― Dwight D. Eisenhower

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin