Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,049   Posts: 1,561,078   Online: 782

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nightbringer View Post
    Would you be able to store it in the fridge in the polaroid back?
    I stored some of it in 2 different types of back and only had a problem with the one.

I was using 3 different types of fuji film at one one point, so I had 3000b in my camera, 100c in my bronica back and 100b in my type 100back (off a polaroid passport camera). I never had any problems with the polaroid camera or back, but whenever I kept it in the bronica back for a long period in the fridge there would be a green square on the image the exact size of the 6x6 frame, why this happened I have no idea. you can see it here http://thesadstork.deviantart.com/ga...50420#/d3ex3xh.

It was only ever the very top poaroid too, so the others were fine.

So to cut a rambling story short - yes you can... as long as it's not a bronica back and/but possibly just my particular back.

I hope that helps and makes sense.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To the OP,
    Is Amazon.com available to you folks down-under?
    A search on Amazon USA shows a few sellers as low as $3.95USD, for FP100c - $6.45USD, for FP3000b.
    Maybe, use the Amazon link like a search directory, find companies that are selling at the right price,
    then/or, contact those companies directly.
    Another thought, can you access Japanese suppliers/retailers for a better deal?

PS: B&H Photo is a great company to do business with, I'm just trying to offer some other ideas for the future.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I ended up just sticking my polaroid back in the fridge - I figure that I might have to let it warm back up again for about half an hour before using it.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc B. View Post
    To the OP,
    Is Amazon.com available to you folks down-under?
    A search on Amazon USA shows a few sellers as low as $3.95USD, for FP100c - $6.45USD, for FP3000b.
    Maybe, use the Amazon link like a search directory, find companies that are selling at the right price,
    then/or, contact those companies directly.
    Another thought, can you access Japanese suppliers/retailers for a better deal?

PS: B&H Photo is a great company to do business with, I'm just trying to offer some other ideas for the future.
    Marc B:
    No, there is no Amazon Australia unfortunately. If I want to get stuff from Amazon US then I have to use a mail forwarder or a relative/friend living over there to get somewhat reasonable postage rates as they charge an arm and a leg for shipping overseas. A quick browse on eBay shows some prospects, but it's still kind of expensive and not in the bulk I can get ordering from the US.

The Japanese one is an idea, though a quick look at Japan Exposures have prices similar to local, and that's before shipping.
    I was in contact with another member who was offering to sell me some FP-100B, might end up ordering a big pile from him and then clog up my fridge with it lol.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Ebay members from Taiwan often have very cheap pack film in bulk.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nightbringer View Post
    I ended up just sticking my polaroid back in the fridge - I figure that I might have to let it warm back up again for about half an hour before using it.
    sounds like a pretty reasonable thing to have done and as far as letting it warm up, the temp makes a difference to development time obviously, but I have no idea what would happen if you shot it cold and then let it develop for an extended time, the temp times are for ambient temperature not chemical temp I suppose... but if you're in a position to let it warm then I'd imagine that'tis best to shot and develop at the same temp.

just one more thing, I've never bothered refrigerating any of the film if I know I'll be using it relatively quickly. As long as it's stored in a cool dry(not a problem there I'd imagine) place it should be fine up to its expiry date at the very least.

xya

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by himself View Post
    sounds like a pretty reasonable thing to have done and as far as letting it warm up, the temp makes a difference to development time obviously, but I have no idea what would happen if you shot it cold and then let it develop for an extended time, the temp times are for ambient temperature not chemical temp I suppose... but if you're in a position to let it warm then I'd imagine that'tis best to shot and develop at the same temp...
    the temperature of most fridges is about 4°C only. that's far too low. warming it up a bit is really the best solution. if you shoot fuji 100 film in cold and you are not shure about the develloping time, just make it long, even very long. the fuji is self-terminating. so a minute or two more is no problem at all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin