Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,977   Posts: 1,523,683   Online: 1145

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Satisfaction with Instax 200 System

Hi Guys-
    I just purchased the Fuji Instax 200 system and I was just wondering what people have thought about it since it's been available for a while now. How do the images compare to that of the Polaroid 600?

Thanks,

Patrick
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Played with it but didn't like the small size. Ended up getting a used Polaroid land 350 and shot the 3"x4" sheets. The new fuji instant color and BW are both way better than what I remember from polaroid and are a lot of fun to use. I recommend it.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Some random comments about the Instax 210 Wide:

I've been using a Fuji Instax 210 camera now for a few months, and like the results. You have to take care to pay attention to the focus range prior to tripping the shutter (close-in or further away), and careful aiming through the viewfinder is important to ensure you get the composition you desire, especially for close-in subjects. It also helps to use the supplied close-up adapter lens and viewfinder thingie for really close subjects.

I've taken to using a little plastic 3x5 file card case, about 1" thick, to hold the prints after they are ejected from the camera. When out on the street, I'll take a shot, immediately put it in the case and not look at them until later, when I get to a stopping place like a coffee shop, where I can study the results in more detail. I also like the surprise factor.

The 16:9 aspect ratio I find takes some getting used to, as compared to the square format of Polaroid. I especially find it necessary to either step back to get the full height of an object, or shoot the subject in portrait mode, which to me doesn't appear to work as well in that aspect ratio as it does in formats closer to square.

The colors and quality of the prints are very good.

I haven't played much with flash, so can't speak to that, as I mainly use the 210 for street and urban landscape shooting.

The camera itself is odd looking, and perhaps could use some spontaneous decorations with stickers and what-not stuck on with a hot glue gun. Something to personalize it.

I do like the way the film cartridge loads flat into the back of the body, and the way it spits the prints out of the top slot.

I find ordering the 5-packs off of amazon yields about 80 cents per image, not too bad.

~Joe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good to know. I'm quite excited! I should have my camera and film shortly.
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin