Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,631   Online: 1110

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras

Freestyle's new low Holga prices

I was in Freestyle the other day and they mentioned that they've lowered the prices on a bunch of their Holgas. Apparently there are new models coming down the pike and they need to clear out some of their existing inventory. They said they just recently posted a page to this effect on their web site, and lo and behold here it is:

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/holga-...s.php?sc=22007

Here are some more Holgas they reduced the price on that aren't at that last link:

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/holgawood_commando.php
    http://www.freestylephoto.biz/holgawood_jawz.php
    http://www.freestylephoto.biz/holgawood_oscar.php
    http://www.freestylephoto.biz/holgawood_sunset_blvd.php
    http://www.freestylephoto.biz/holgaw...brick_road.php

Some of these new prices are pretty damned good. I see some plastic stocking-stuffers in the near future...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That stereo holga for $30 looks kinda cool. but then again I could never live with myself if I paid $30 for a holga LOL

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Newt_on_Swings View Post
    That stereo holga for $30 looks kinda cool. but then again I could never live with myself if I paid $30 for a holga LOL
    That might make a sweet gift for someone to explore photography without the $ commitment a "real" camera + lenses would entail. Yeah I know, it's the whole skinny jeans scene, but we want to cultivate new users, yes? The first dime bag should always be free (or thirty dollars, whichever comes first).

s-a

Shooter
    Multi Format
    i got my holga for $12 from adorama long ago.... maybe 2004ish ?

i cant really think of any reason for them to be more expensive than that...
    "Where is beauty? Where I must will with my whole Will; where I will love and perish, that an image may not remain merely an image."

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Sales="No sales" in retail. They're over-priced hipster bait the hipsters can't afford. Here in Toronto, Holga starter kits go for $70. Who'd buy that when you can get something like Nikon FG+50/1.8E for around the same money?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    While this is all well and good, as someone who lives in Canada, I would much more prefer better (read cheaper) shipping options. BH kills them in this regard.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Sales="No sales" in retail. They're over-priced hipster bait the hipsters can't afford. Here in Toronto, Holga starter kits go for $70. Who'd buy that when you can get something like Nikon FG+50/1.8E for around the same money?
    Maybe because FGs aren't hip for some. Hipsters around here have no problem buying Holgas. They're so much cheaper than iPods, which the hipsters also have no problem buying. Of course, being hip by design does not mean being clued in, and if you wear your hip-ness as a transient persona then you're probably not interested in long term financial value. (Much better to be hip by accident, and after the fact.) Now, if even one of those hipsters migrates to your FG and sticks with it, it's a win for me. Not because it's a more valid hip-ness but because I'm a big believer in examining your own being in this world through photographs. The smell of fixer and bad Dektol can only add to it.

E. R. Murrow: "What does it mean to be 'cool'?"
    D. Gillespie: "If you have to ask, you ain't."

s-old, but not by accident-a

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Who'd buy that when you can get something like Nikon FG+50/1.8E for around the same money?
    Because they want images that a Holga makes, that an FG can't.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by eddie View Post
    Because they want images that a Holga makes, that an FG can't.
    The Holga/Diana "look" is so easily duplicated in post-processing. Why blow the money?

MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    What constantly amazes me on this site is the intolerance toward toycamera "Holga & Diana" users. I admit I bought a Holga, Diana+,an original Diana and other assorted Plastic cameras because I like the pictures they give and the freedom from technical details like setting shutter speeds etc I get. People constantly complain on this site about the intolerance of digi user towards film users, but are themselves intolerant towards other subgroups of Filmusers. The Lomographic Society and their prices are way too high and 70$ for a Holgaset is highway robbery but I am all for promoting film.

Dominik

Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin