Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,707   Posts: 1,548,545   Online: 1153

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Does it ever stop raining out there?
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    35mm
    Rarely.

Don't the mosquitoes and snow ever stop there?

Hehe...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Haven't seen a mosquito in months
    Snow is another issue
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's not raining as I type this - it's snowing. It's almost enough to render travel dangerous (that would be anything more than 1-2 mm on the road the way people around here react). (tee hee)

On the other hand, I'm almost sure I saw a mosquito shaped thing buzzing around the front door the other day trying to get in out of the rain.

I had planned on meeting you folks at the Sylvia Friday, but something has come up and I'm off to the fabulous Chilliwack instead (the only good thing about that, it that I'll get some of Barb's famous Airport pie.)

Here's hoping the rain stops for you.
    Last edited by Dave Swinnard; 02-28-2007 at 10:20 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Morning spelling

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks like I managed to get Friday off!!! Yippee! I'll be getting up at the crack of dawn and taking the 7:00 a.m. ferry.

I'll PM John.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thats great news kate. I'll return your PM as soon shortly. I was out and about last night and I'm a bit crisp this morning.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Great! I'm getting pumped about doing some shooting, rain or shine! Now, if only it would stop snowing. We're expecting another 10-20cm tonight and tomorrow. Not good for the 2.5 hr drive to Winnipeg to catch the flight. Time will tell.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It snowed this morning and the sun is now out the snow is al but gone form the roof tops. yesterday was a beautiful sunny day. The mountains had low cloud cover during the day with a wonderful halo toward afternoon.

The weather folk predicted snow today and tomorrow. I have to finish packing and painting today. Tomorrow we move from Richmond to downtown Vancouver.

John you could have picked a better time to come calling, but my wife has already said its a good thing I'll be out of the house whilst she organizes.

I'll be off line tomorrow and will communicate via other technologies should it be needed.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jd callow View Post
    I have to finish packing and painting today. Tomorrow we move from Richmond to downtown Vancouver.

John you could have picked a better time to come calling, but my wife has already said its a good thing I'll be out of the house whilst she organizes.
    So the slumlord never fixed the place up eh. Bugger. If you are moving anywhere near Robson St. you will be a lucky guy. I love it there.

Have fun!
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No the landlord didn't do anything for the house, but said he'd make good on the improvements if I agreed to a 25% increase in rent. Meanwhile, I am going to finish painting as I had promised, because homey tries to be as good as his word. I originally agreed to paint if he would fix the moldy drywall in the one bath, replace the urine soaked carpet, fix the rotted porch steps, the broken front door latch, and a few other items of note. He did a couple items after I withheld rent. This place was far and away the worst I've ever lived in. Sadly, the new place is going to be the smallest. We had listened to everyone who said finding a place was really tough and so we took the first place that met our minimum. As it turned out we saw three places and could have had any of them and had we looked more we probably could have found something nicer. The fear of losing the one 'good one' made us leap a little too quickly. Oh well, its relatively low rent, excellent location (Broadway and Granville) and are only committed for a year.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin