Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,518   Posts: 1,543,765   Online: 865

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    finally back on line. Kate, the banana and i had a good time. It was wet and cold, b ut kate seemed to know at least a bit about all things vancouver and the cloud cover made crossprocessing very easy. as always it was nice toput a face to a name.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John,
    I hope you and Helen are getting settled in your new place.
    Thanks for taking the time to meet. I had a very enjoyable day trading stories and walking around some familiar stomping grounds. I do appreciate it and you're right putting a face to the name is nice. When I finish my rolls I'll post some pics of you and" the banana" (John from Manitoba).

The Banana : It was a pleasure to finally meet this time around. Can't wait to see your Holga results. Please post when you have something.

Thanks again guys for a enjoyable day!

Shooter
    35mm
    So, err....shall we have another meet?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'll be in Vancouver August 1, that work?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Craig,
    It works for me. Sorry I haven't return your PM or answered this post sooner.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Aug 1 should work for me
    Larry
    Bessa L, Electro 35 GSN, Elan 7NE, Olympus XA and XA2, Digital Rebel XT

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey folks! I'm definitely up for a get together. It'll be nice to finally meet some fellow agehuggers.
    "If I'm a rebel sanctioned by society, encouraged by my parents, and cheered on by Hallmark, what is left to rebel against?"
    Hal Niedzviecki

Shooter
    35mm
    Aug 1st is OK with me as long as it's during the day.

Shooter
    Large Format

Why not just come to the workshop in Sequim / Port Angeles?

- from August 14 to 19?

Come for all days or just for a couple...

A good crowd is coming from the Vancouver B.C. area - meeting with a good West Coast US crowd!

It will be fun!

Here is some info below.
    There is still room so send me an email if you are interested!
    Per Volquartz - volquartz@volquartz.com

The Puget Sound Gettogether / Workshop will be here soon!

It will take place in Sequim (just east of Port Angeles in the state of Washington - west of Seattle) from Tuesday August 14 through Saturday August 18.
    We will meet in Sequim on Tuesday 9AM for orientation (location, details will be available next week).
    Later that day and the following days will be spent shooting, analyzing subject matter for effective image creation, looking at your prints or transparencies, trying equipment (from 35mm range finders to 8x10 view cameras), working with individuals (in group settings) on how to approach a subject matter - landscape, portrait, still life), looking at light as it relates to photography, introduction to platinum printing and other alternate
    and historical processes printing from both film and digital negs.
    However, the primary goal of this Gettogether / workshop is for everyone to improve their personal vision.
    Its all about making photographs the way YOU see and feel the subject matter - not just for you to shoot like someone else who's work you admire!

The workshop is FREE. However, a suggested donation to cover our expenses is $95.00 per person. Students $35.00.

If you want to participate it is important that you email me right away.
    Also it will be appreciated if you mail a check for $25.00 to hold your place in this Gettogether / Workshop. This amount will be considered part of your donation to the event and will make it easier for us to plan it.

Please email Per Volquarts ASAP.
    volquartz@volquartz.com

Write Puget Sound in the header!

If you have a unique background in something that relates to photography, wilderness survival, knowledge of plant and animal life in the area, please let me know if you would like to make a short presentation about what you know.

Finally we will have two local people helping us with this Gettogether / Workshop. One will function as a guide the other as a coordinator making everything easier!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good lord! You can't imagine how much I'd love to join in with this workshop. It sounds really interesting, and it's such a beautiful area too. The only problem is that I have a sister who has just arranged to come visit me during this week. It will be her first time to the West Coast. (and I've been here for 20 years!)

If this is an annual event, then it's going into my day timer for next year, without a doubt.
    "If I'm a rebel sanctioned by society, encouraged by my parents, and cheered on by Hallmark, what is left to rebel against?"
    Hal Niedzviecki

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin