Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,538   Posts: 1,572,756   Online: 836

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    With respect to Leos, there is great history there. The original owner (Leo!) was absolutely entranced with 16mm movies. He used to shoot 16mm Kodachrome in copious quantities, and have it developed at the Kodak lab my Dad worked at. He was quite character.

That collector's section of that store looks like the entire store did just a few years ago. It used to be a treasure trove of the rare and unusual. It still has a bit of that character, but it is very clear that there is a much more businesslike approach there now.

Leos does have good TV ads, which trumpet the fact that they offer services supplies and equipment to both professional and amateur photographers, whether they shoot film, digital, movie or video.

It is in a bit of a rough area of town (the Granville Mall area), but it seems to be able to co-exist with everyone there.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've shopped at all of the aforementioned stores, but for the past few years, I've only been going to Beau Photo. While I agree that their somewhat limited hours can sometimes be a bit of a pain, they're still my favourite. Remember, they're a wholesaler, not a retail commission sales store. I find it to be a fairly laid back and friendly environment. Having gone there for years, I've also gotten to know some of the staff, who will go out of their way for a special order, if needed. Far and away what I like most about Beau, is their rental department.
    "If I'm a rebel sanctioned by society, encouraged by my parents, and cheered on by Hallmark, what is left to rebel against?"
    Hal Niedzviecki

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I ordered some chemicals from Beau Photo a few months ago (Rodinal and a 5L bottle of Ilford Rapid Fixer). They had it packaged and ready to go before I even confirmed the order with them! It arrived quickly, and they had fantastic communication by e-mail. They even put up with my random questions about ordering colour products and asking for specific pricing. I hope to make a trip over to Van to visit them in person, and can recommend them wholeheartedly!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've gone to Beau Photo twice now, and I'm really impresssed with their film collection - they are the only Canadian retailer I know who stocks Efke and Rollei films. Nice collection of used gear as well. Nice people, too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin