Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,699   Posts: 1,549,122   Online: 1118

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format
    You might try Granville Island (at the foot of the Granville St bridge across from downtown).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dances_w_clouds View Post
    Take the sea bus across to Londsdale Quay is nice lookin back to Vancouver @ night
    Here's a 5 year old version of part of that view, taken from the sea bus. It can look quite a lot nicer than what I've captured.
    http://nealcurrie.com/media/van_night/large/08.jpg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Gastown is very close to my hotel, so I'll try some shots in the evening (maybe on the first night when I'm not so worn down from work).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelley-Ann View Post
    Gastown is very close to my hotel, so I'll try some shots in the evening (maybe on the first night when I'm not so worn down from work).
    The big clock in Gastown should be a very cool subject in low light. As I recall, it should be somewhat shrouded in steam. (or is that some other place I'm thinking of? Getting old... they say the memory is the second thing to go... :rolleyes: )

Cheers,
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is a steam driven clock and could be cool at night. For entertainment district shots at night Gas town is good, granville by Smithe (or is it smythe?) would probably be better and English bay may work as well. There are a lot of street side grocer's that stay open into the dark hours, all of the hotels and many of the offices are lite at night (at least at street level). I've fallen in love with the older apartment buildings. One thing missing in Vancouver are the neon signs that made many of Fred Herzog's images of Vancouver sing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry Toffle I didn't mean to steal your words it was suppose to show up as a quote from you when you were writing about the homeless people going all out doing a recycling program. Thats one of the things that some of my relatives said to me too when they were out here last summer. And yes it is spelled Smythe. You can see how Vancouver is really trying to go green by slicing down all the trees on Granville. The skytain stations on the new line are not finished yet so that might do for some rough shots. Go down to Yale town and False Creek that is all nicely fixed up. That should be good for a few shots. And the weather is going to be cold so nice clear contrasty shots. (contrasy should be a word or is it ?)
    Last edited by dances_w_clouds; 02-07-2009 at 08:41 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by telkwa View Post
    Here's a 5 year old version of part of that view, taken from the sea bus. It can look quite a lot nicer than what I've captured.
    http://nealcurrie.com/media/van_night/large/08.jpg
    Yes that definitley needs to be shot again

Shooter
    35mm
    If you're staying near Gastown then you have lots of opportunities nearby. North Shore/Seabus, Yaletown, and Granville Street/Island are all easily accessable. There's also Robson Street(street/fashion) and Stanley Park(urban nature), and as long as you don't drift too far up East Hastings-south of Terminal Station, around BC Place, has some really great industrial scenery.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I managed to shoot that clock in gastown last night. I'm going to one of the local film labs here (if I get time) so I'll post the results in my gallery.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've posted three shots in my gallery which I think are decent. I'm disappointed about the overexposure, but I guess it isn't bad considering that it was the first time I used tungsten film.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin