Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,925   Online: 859

Shooter
    Large Format

Victoria / Mid-Vancouver Island APUGgers?

I've recently relocated to Victoria (CANADA) and would like to meet any APUG members here or in the Cowichan Valley area.

I shoot analog with a variety of 35mm cameras, Bronica 645, Cambo and Shen-Hao 4x5s, and an Ansco 8x10. I also have a D200 Nikon for digital.

I have a very nice Beseler 4x5 enlarger (with condenser, diffusion, and cold-light heads) and no place to put it at present. It is in my bedroom under a dust cover.

Let's get together or chat at the very least!

Thorney

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry I am in the Lower Mainland but that is kind of close. There is a few more of us Wetcoasters on APUG. The reason for slow responses ? There was that appirition out today that we don't see much called THE SUN ! Very good weekend weather I hear. Had my shipment come in today (40 rls) so I shall be shooting!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Thorney

I'm currently in Coquitlam, but will be moving to Parksville in a year and a half or so (depends on when my wife decides to call it quits).

I told her a year or so ago, that I wouldn't be taking "all that darkroom stuff" when we move (into a single story, no basement, smaller house) as I would likely "be digital" by then. Then we agreed that I can take the stuff - I said I'd keep it "in storage" - and look for a space to maybe set up a co-op with like minded folks. Now I'm drawing up plans to alter the small half-bathroom by the garage entrance to the house to fit the stuff. We'll see how it all works out...

Maybe I'll see you around in a few years. (I'm currently using a 4x5 Technika and a mixed batch of old Nikons)

Dave

sly
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are at least 3 APUGers in the Nanaimo area, so be sure to let us know when you move to Parksville. We'll be glad to have another.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi! I'm currently in Nanaimo, but I grew up in Vic My g/f and all my friends are still down in Vic so I kind of split my time between here and there.

Would love to meet up with/hang out with fellow film shooters

Cheers,
    Tamas

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Victoria

I'm a film photographer and in Victoria.
    Follow the Light John 8:12
    ~~~PhotoBob

Shooter
    35mm
    I shoot digital (pair of Canon 30Ds) as well as films (Canon, Ansco, Voigtlander and Zenit 35mms)...I'm in Nanaimo currently, but call Victoria home and I'm down there quite a bit.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

photo-outing

Had a really nice photo field-trip up near Duncan today with a few of the others in the Victoria Large Format Photo Group.
    ~~~PhotoBob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Can anyone tell me if there are any community or co-op darkroom facilities in the Victoria area? Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    There is, but I think it is at maximum capacity right now and it does require a substantial financial committment.
    ~~~PhotoBob

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin