Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,814   Online: 1011

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

Thread: LF meet up?

jb7

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Good to meet you all this morning, sorry I had to rush off-
    Was a really good turnout, better than I would have expected- I suppose the weather helped too-

Maybe the next one should be sooner rather than later...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great morning out!
    We were very lucky with the weather too. Myself and Gerry spent too long chatting and lost the trail of breadcrumbs to the coffee shop!

Something we both mentioned is that we probably should have opened this up to any shooter - not just the lf people! Something for the next one maybe.

Great to see 8 lf photographers on the beach!

Fran

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Fran, Paul & Gerry - it was great for me to finally meet up with you ! Sorry we lost track of you at the end.

Brian, Eddie, Martin, and Joseph - good to renew old APUG friendships.

The weather was kind and the location stunning. I know I could have spent all day on the beach without having moved more than 100 yards.

Joseph, don't worry about having to head off. You were spared the sight of some saggy old blokes* who were skinny dippin' at the Vico pool !

George

* Not us by the way
    Last edited by seoirse; 02-02-2013 at 09:57 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jb7 View Post
    Good to meet you all this morning, sorry I had to rush off-
    Was a really good turnout, better than I would have expected- I suppose the weather helped too-

Maybe the next one should be sooner rather than later...
    I couldn't agree more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Can I add that I thought it was a great day too really enjoyed it, I'd go along with Fran and would love to see any film user at the next meet up, next time I'll ask the name of the coffee shop, I got a little lost driving into Dalkey and could only find a church car park with none of you guys there so headed home, would of loved a bowl of soup and a sandwich, perhaps we should share a few phone numbers LOL. Oh! and it was a bit of a shock at the vico baths to turn around and see a naked man coming down the steps, funny all the same. Roll on the print showing in April, great to be able to put faces to all the names here.
    A painter interprets an image, a film photographer captures an image and a digital photographer creates an image.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Great day out apologies if the steps were a bit of an effort for anyone, its a really nice spot so worth the bit of effort, a visit at high tide might be good so watch for a full moon. The Vico skinny dippers do try and intimidate protecting their territory same as Sandycove, a sharp jab in the nuts with a tripod will bring them to their senses. Apologise, I missed calls from Gerry over the coffee shop, I followed Brian so found it ok. Its something we need to organise better going forward as I think everyone enjoys it.

Have a new post up on a meet up for 21st April. Check it out
    Last edited by monosnaps; 02-03-2013 at 06:24 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A very enjoyable morning all, and apologies for missing the aprés-snaps!

There is a good pic on Boards & Flickr taken by one of our digital friends from Palmerstown who was on the beach before 8:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/greg_matthews/8438622241/

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin