Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,515   Posts: 1,572,068   Online: 1186

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: LF meet up?

Shooter
    Multi Format

LF meet up?

Following on from Rafal's offer/suggestion:

Would anyone be interested in a LF meet up?

Fran

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd be happy to bring along my kit for a demonstration, Q&A, or just to help out. Might be fun in the field, but can be easily done indoors, especially if processing was to be involved.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't have a LF camera but am currently constructing a 5x4 pin hole camera and I would love the opportunity. to have a look at other people's cameras and the process, so I would be happy to tag along if that would be ok.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sounds good. Let's figure out how many people are interested, as that would help select the venue between someone's home or a public place. I would be happy to invite a small gathering to my place, near Bray, especially if processing was needed. With some luck, we might be able to use the darkroom at DCC, but I expect we would need to join the club. As for dates, I have time in December and in the first week of Jan, but rather busy after that until end of March.

Do you know what your main interests are at this stage, taking or processing or both?
    Rafal Lukawiecki

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Many thanks for kicking this off Rafal.

Personally, I am more interested in the "taking" end of things. Camera movements and suchlike are new to me. Also any tips tricks, does and don't.

I've been tray processing so far with good success, I'm finding the camera end tougher!

Having said all that, I'll fall in with whatever everyone wants.

Fran

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like a good idea, I'm up for this if I'm available,
    A painter interprets an image, a film photographer captures an image and a digital photographer creates an image.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sounds like we need to think of a venue and and the date. Outdoors might be a bit of a risk, but would be good to show the basic movements useful for landscape. Indoors would be better to demo pretty much the full range of movements. Either is fine to work through the LF taking process.

I might have a couple of old Polaroids, somewhere... Not sure what state they are in.

If you fancy trekking near Bray, I'd be happy to have you visit my place.
    Rafal Lukawiecki

Shooter
    Multi Format
    We can certainly use my place, and there are a few locations nearby we can go if the weather is good (!). I'm outside Naas, quite close to Mondello park.

Would that be a suitable location?

Happy to head towards Bray too - whatever suits Rafal and everyone else.

Fran

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'd say it depends on whether we do indoors or outdoors. If it is outdoors, your location sounds like more fun. If it is indoors, then it might be useful to be close to different bits of gear, that, otherwise, I wouldn't carry with me.

When learning about movements, a cool, and not an easy exercise, is to try focusing a larger, cube-like object, even a table, with a view camera, while straightening the perspective. It takes a good while if you have not done this before, and it is more comfortable indoors. Most of the movements learned in this exercise, however, would not be needed in a landscape context often, or at all.

So, the question to you, is if you would prefer to focus on the operation of a view camera and its movements, or less so on that, and perhaps more on its practical use in a landscape setting. Let's not even think about the weather.
    Rafal Lukawiecki

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ok. Something that may swing it for others is that I don't have a darkroom at home.

Whatever suits everyone is aok by me....

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin