Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,713   Posts: 1,483,027   Online: 729

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I took a spin out by Killinthomas today to have a quick look. Bluebells are still quite a way off, at least 3 weeks I'd say. Given that most of us are shooting B&W anyway, it hardly matters, and there's lots of other stuff to shoot out there. In fact its one of the best woods around I think. Next door, there is the ruins of the old Bord na Mona workers camp - other good photo ops there. However, there are lots of signs up saying no entry etc etc. I've been in and out a few times with no issues.

I also had a bit of a look around the old Williams Waller mill in Rathangan but I can't see any easy way in there.....

I'll post maps etc a little closer. Paul, what was the pub you had the menu for? I'll add a link to that as well.

Fran

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Me and Greg come , what time we meet, and where exactly ?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sounds like a good day out but unfortunately I don't think I'll make it.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm fine for next Sunday but it wasn't me with the menu, I can remember seeing someone with one but can't remember who it was.
    A painter interprets an image, a film photographer captures an image and a digital photographer creates an image.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Vincent had the menu I'm sure he will drop by soon with details. Looking forward to a good mornings photogrphy.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi Guys the pub in question is 'The Burrow' Main Street Rathangan.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    OK Vincent , what time we meet ?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by przemyslaw zorylo View Post
    OK Vincent , what time we meet ?
    Guys I'm hoping Fran or Eddie give what time we should meet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Guys,

OK, so I've created a google map for Killinthomas:

Killinthomas woods, Rathangan

The placemarker gives the car park. Just beside the carpark you can see the abandoned workers camp. The turn down to the woods is a little blind when you are coming from Rathangan - its very easy to pass by the sign. So as you pass the graveyard, then soon after you see some green sheds on the left with 3 artic lorry trailers, then the turn is just after those sheds on your right.

Yard, green sheds and lorry trailers (NOTE: its not the turn right opposite these sheds, but just a few hundred yards further!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	killinthomas 1.PNG 
Views:	12 
Size:	909.0 KB 
ID:	67331

This is the turn - the sign is a bit hard to see:

Name:	killinthomas 2.PNG 
Views:	11 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	67332

And here is the car park:

Name:	killinthomas 3.PNG 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.09 MB 
ID:	67333

Lastly, the Burrow pub is on the main street of Rathangan, near the middle of the village. How about if we meet up at 10am? That gives a good few hours to roam and do some shooting and then head back for a bit or grub?

The woods themselves are a mix of conifer and broadleaves, and if you wander just a little off the main trails you can be in the middle of plantations of ash and birch and so on. Interspersed here and there are some fine big oaks standing in the middle of other trees. There is also a good amount of half rotten fallen timber that can make good material. The main pathways are all gravelled and there tends to be very little mud, so runners/walking shoes/boots should be fine. Any questions fire ahead.....

Fran

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for that Fran, looks good, weather at the weekend will be a mixed bag but could be worse, see you all there at 10am
    A painter interprets an image, a film photographer captures an image and a digital photographer creates an image.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin