Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,290   Posts: 1,535,398   Online: 772

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

A visit to Killinthomas wood Rathangan Co Kildare. Sunday 21st April 2013

How about a film photographers visit to Killinthomas Wood in Rathangan Co Kildare. Sunday morning 21st April, its a good location a really beautiful and peaceful location. Good for general photography and around this time of year you have the Bluebells and some wild garlic so nice for some colour work. There is also some urban decay to be photographed in a building next door ( if its still there). Some details here http://iwtkildarebranch.wordpress.co...nthomas-woods/. We can check out Rathangan which is close by for a coffee shop and agree a time and meeting place in advance. Parking is free. Some images on Flicker http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=killinthomas&ss=2&s=int

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That looks like a promising location, Eddie.

I'm in providing work schedule allows.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks good Eddie, I'm in once I'm not working but looking good so far, I may pick up some Kodak Ektar for those bluebells.
    A painter interprets an image, a film photographer captures an image and a digital photographer creates an image.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Should be able to make it

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sounds good, if I'm free I'll be there.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I do a lot of my trees from there, its a good location, lots of good stuff to shoot. Plenty of parking too....

The abandoned bord na mona camp is still there, often with unusual animals - llamas the last time I was there - but there are big signs up saying no entry etc. I think someone has it rented and as a result doesn't want every tom dick and harry in there.

There are a few pubs in Rathangan, which I'm sure do food, especially on a Sunday. The forest is a mix of large conifers and broad leaves, mainly ash with good runs of clear forest floor and brush. The whole site is laid out with paths with overhanging trees. I have done a good few portraits in there, lovely overhead soft light coming down. There are a couple of bluebell locations, and at least one or 2 with a mix of bluebells and wildgarlic (white). Tough to get the colour balance right though sometimes!!

Searcher can try and find his lost lee filters!!!!

Fran
    Last edited by fran; 02-04-2013 at 09:34 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A good location Eddie, with a lot to offer as Fran says. I have only been once before, at the time of the wild garlic last year, and yes I believe I left a pouch of filters in the undergrowth! They were getting on a bit and needed to be replaced anyway - but I'd not be too surprised if they are still there...

Cheers

Gerry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    We'll have to have a prize for whoever finds the filter pack! Talk about needle +haystack!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nice and close to me so I'll probably be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I might join you, if my jetlag isn't too bad—I return from US on 20th. It would be nice to see you guys, especially as I'm missing the print showing.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin