Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,942   Posts: 1,585,742   Online: 1079

Shooter
    Multi Format

Enlarger bulbs - 100w to 200w bulbs

There was talk of this at the print showing.

Well, I was in my local hardware yesterday evening and noticed that they have 100W and 200W bulbs back in stock!!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/ene...ght-bulbs.html

They are to be widely available (eg woodies etc) and are classed as "Rough service bulbs". The ones I saw were from GE and Phillips and were frosted - and the ones I saw were only in bayonet cap, although I'm sure screw in will be available too.

Best of all was the price - ~€2.

I know someone will have to test them out for even illumination etc, but its good news!

From a UK site:

http://www.energybulbs.co.uk/incande...s+-+heavy+duty

Fran

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Unlike film, fresh enlarger bulbs last a lifetime. Everyone should have a big stash of them for each enlarger.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Should fresh enlarger bulbs be stored in the refrigerator or the freeze? My bad!
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ordinary frosted bulbs may not be suitable for some enlargers which require opal glass bulbs. Frosted glass bulbs may produce "hot" spots and may have printing on the top which may show up in prints
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Fran, I picked one up after the print show but have yet to install/ test it. That is a useful link.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    For the USA guys - environmental laws here mean that for the last few years nothing more than 60W has been produced, so getting even a 75W enlarger bulb has been tough going!!

The re-emergence of higher wattage bulbs is very good news for us here!!!

Fran

ath
    Shooter
    35mm
    Frosted bulbs are not enlarger bulbs. Enlarger (opal) bulbs are special purpose bulbs and thus not banned in the EU. You can buy them e.g. here or here or at silverprint.
    They cost a bit more than an ordinary frosted bulb but about the same amount as a halogen reflector bulb for an enlarger.
    Regards,
    Andreas

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin