Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,331   Posts: 1,537,221   Online: 891

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

A days photography Inis Mor Aran Islands Thursday 23rd May 2013

A days photography on Inis Mor Aran Islands Thursday 23rd May 2013, I was on Inis Oirr a few years back a great location especially with the old ship Plassey as a backdrop, this time I'm going to the largest island Inis Mor another great location for landscapes, seascapes, unusual rock formations, old graveyards and churches. Hope to do it as a day trip, the flight times should allow a full days photography 8:30am to 5:00pm approx. The flight was €45, there is also a ferry but the earliest time is 10:00. Check it out if anyone else can make it I would be delighted with the company.
    http://www.aerarannislands.ie/
    http://www.aranislands.ie/
    Images
    https://www.google.ie/search?q=inis+...w=1252&bih=585

Local transport optional but might be a good idea.
    http://www.bikehirearanislands.com/
    Last edited by monosnaps; 05-02-2013 at 04:16 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Eddie, I'd love to join (the line about unusual rock formations got me) but I am away from Ireland on 23 May. Hope you have a lovely day and you bring back a few nice prints.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This is a great idea Eddie, I got about halfway through booking the flight and decided to look at my calendar - turns out I an away.....Looking forward to seeing your results and now I have this in my head it will definitely be on my lift for the future.
    B

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Great idea Eddie. Don't think I can make it, but the flight is very reasonable. It would cost more on petrol.

I found out last week there is also an option to catch a ferry from Doolin over - so for anyone interested in a longer trip, you could do the burren and then one of the islands. I stayed in the Doolin hotel €50 b&b

Fran

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi. Where do you fly from to Inis Mor? I'm in Glasgow and am thinking about coming along (work dependant), but it sounds like a good day out. Alex

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Muir View Post
    Hi. Where do you fly from to Inis Mor? I'm in Glasgow and am thinking about coming along (work dependant), but it sounds like a good day out. Alex
    Aer Arann's regional arm (Aer Arann Islands) offer a number of flights from the Connemara Regional Airport to all three islands. The Airport is located in Inverin, a 30 min transfer from Galway city and flights to the islands take about 7 mins. For more information call 0035391593034

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks, Vincent. I have noted the details. I will post here if I can make it. Alex

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sounds like a nice trip but unfortunately I can't make it.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Not going to make this tomorrow due to family illness, hoping to re-schedule as I was really looking forward to this little adventure, also wanted to go before the tourist season kicks off.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin