Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,882   Online: 1128

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'd be interest in this. But I may be changing rosters in work so cannot confirm until later.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Should be able to make this.

John

Diz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have pencilled it in,but, where would the venue be?
    Cheers
    Diz

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Diz View Post
    I have pencilled it in,but, where would the venue be?
    Cheers
    Diz
    Hi Diz, it's in Dublin Camera Club on Lower Camden Street.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Diz this is a map of the location of Dublin Camera Club. The top of the map shows O'Connell Bridge on the River Liffey and the club is down at the bottom where Wexford St. becomes Camden St. A good reference point is Gunns Camera shop on Camden St. the club is about 80 yards up from there. We usually meet in the coffee shop Insomina which is before Gunns.
    Vincent Brady
    "Visual art is a chase after the invisable and B&W photos remind you of this search for what can't be seen,for what's missing"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Saturdays never work for me unfortunately. During the daytime at least. Always shooting in the studio then. On an aside note, why the DCC? Not that I'm against it. Looking at joining recently but there don't seem to be any film shooters that I've spoken to there yet.

Any of you lot regularly attend?

Diz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you for the Info and map. Its not to far from the train station. Hopefully will see you all there.
    Cheers
    Diz

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Apjcphoto View Post
    Saturdays never work for me unfortunately. During the daytime at least. Always shooting in the studio then. On an aside note, why the DCC? Not that I'm against it. Looking at joining recently but there don't seem to be any film shooters that I've spoken to there yet.

Any of you lot regularly attend?
    If you ever tried to hold a meeting of 10 to 15 people in comfort you would soon discover there are very few venues to be had in Dublin. When our group was smaller we met in hotel lobbies but it was not great with the amount of people going in and out. When we approached DCC for the use of the room we found our meetings became more satisfying as we had the room to ourselves and everyone had a chance to show their work on the wall using the shelves. We also have the room for free which is a major plus.

As regards the club itself I think there are only two of us members and I don't attend meetings anymore. I think you will find that most clubs nowadays consist of digital workers with only one or two film workers left in their ranks.
    Vincent Brady
    "Visual art is a chase after the invisable and B&W photos remind you of this search for what can't be seen,for what's missing"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Got into the darkroom this weekend for first time since Christmas so have made a start. Looking forward to the 12th.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by monosnaps View Post
    Got into the darkroom this weekend for first time since Christmas so have made a start. Looking forward to the 12th.
    Good man Eddie, I managed to make it there myself this afternoon. With a few prints already made I'm hoping to have 6 or 7 prints ready.
    Vincent Brady

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin