Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,223   Posts: 1,532,487   Online: 1076

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    An enjoyable meet up as usual. What strikes me is the variety of techniques that people are employing to produce their images. Its great to see so many examples being used. As a person who thinks sepia toning a print is as far out as I will ever get, these different techniques are very encouraging for me to see beyond my normal approach to photography.
    Vincent Brady
    "Visual art is a chase after the invisable and B&W photos remind you of this search for what can't be seen,for what's missing"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Indeed, I was too impressed that a group of a dozen people showed so many alternative approaches. Eddie's intensely blue instant film emulsion "lifts" transferred onto art paper looked great, Peter's bromoil was impressive, and Fran's delicate salt prints were just dreamy. Did I miss anyone? Sometimes I wish I had more time to try all the alt processes out there, but being able to see them in person, at our APUG meetings is really inspiring, and I don't even have to do anything! I think it was because of Sergey's work that I saw very pretty ambrotypes for the first time in my life, a while ago.

Keep at it guys, and let's keep meeting.

PS. I offered to show fully invisible, water dye based spotting techniques at some stage. If there is enough interest, I'd be happy to do a half-day or so at my place, some time this spring or summer.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thats good of you Rafal, I'm sure some of the folks will be interested in that.

I also just found out today I can get the Marshall Spotting inks and brushes, so if anyone is interested just let me know.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Diz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you all for the warm welcome. It was great to see so many good prints and different processes. Lots of food for thought. Warren was looking at a couple of film cameras as well !
    Cheers
    Diz

Diz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Forgot to mention, the day also helped toward getting over my aversion to gloss finished paper.
    Cheers
    Diz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great day as always, lovely prints by everyone and enjoyed the catch up, looking forward to the Autumn,
    A painter interprets an image, a film photographer captures an image and a digital photographer creates an image.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin