Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,814   Posts: 1,581,600   Online: 870

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffy_penguins View Post
    count me in, too.

i think i'll def. be coming up the day before because, at least according to the bus eireann website, it takes 5 hours from cork. can that really be the case? my geography is a little shaky... please help me out with some travel tips!

:-)

catherine
    There seems to be a few different routes, the quickest at about four hours. I guess the roads would not be as good as say Cork to Dublin so it may be slow.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm still not sure if I'll overnight on Friday or go early Saturday morning, what are you guys doing?

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm going to travel on the morning, there again I don't mind an early start.

David
    I want to take the photograph I think I'm taking

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I was planning to stay over on Friday night but have discovered today that the site opens at 10am so driving Saturday would not be as bad as I thought.

I would still stay over Friday if anyone else is staying, so we can meet up for a drink and talk shop.

I have spoken to one of the staff in the visitor centre and he said they have no problem with a gang of photographers arriving with their big cameras and tripods so long as we don't obstruct any other visitors. He also said we would need permission from the OPW if we wanted to distribute or sell any images.

Peter
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks for checking all that out Peter! It never even struck me to ring.. I'm glad someone has their head screwed on right and is thinking ahead!
    I hope to get down on Friday night too, but won't know til a little closer to the date..

Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Holga
    I'm gonna come up Friday and stay somewhere nearby-ish, 'cos there is no way the bus will get me there on Saturday morning. I will say I'm getting very good at 1st gear, 2nd gear, and reverse ... but still a bit nervous in 3rd gear. Oh... and I can go around the roundabout in the correct direction! There's hope for me yet... It's a good thing it takes 10 months to get a test date...

:-)

Cath.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    fluffy PM me and i might be able to help you get there

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    So we have just over a week to go to Clonmacnoise and I'm really looking forward to it.

The site opens at 10am so lets meet up a little before that and we can make our introductions.

How do you all feel about having some lunch together in one of the nearby towns? There is a cafe in the visitor centre but it sounds limited with only soup, sandwiches and quiche etc. If we leave the site for lunch and want to go back, there is no problem once we keep our entrance tickets.

Tripods are allowed as long as we don't obstruct other visitors.

So get your gear ready and stock up on your favourite films.

Peter
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8707/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/125)

Sounds great to me. We can check out the cafe when we are down there and if the menu isn't great we can go to Heineys pub in Ferbane which isn't very far away.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds good to me too, I've decided to come down Saturday morning but will get there early enough to meet up with everyone beforehand.
    Lunch off site sounds like a good idea too, I'll fall in with what everyone else decides..
    Looking forward to it now too

Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin