Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,716   Posts: 1,514,771   Online: 822

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Also in Dublin now is www.thelightexchange.com which has a one person darkroom for rent. Its equipped for 35mm up to 4x5.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hey,

Thanks for the heads-up on the light exchange. I just tried it out and I can heartily recommend it. You get the room to yourself which is always good. It's well equipped and the equipment is clean, new and works. It's good value (works out about 5 euros per hour) and they have morning, afternoon and evening sessions. I'll be going back on a regular basis.

Hugh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    are there any darkrooms available for hire in wicklow? i still have my darkroom set up on the northside of dublin but the three hour commute is wreckin my head.
    checked out the signal arts centre but its not equipped 4 medium format. any advice would be greatly appreciated

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Don't know of any in Wicklow, Airfield is probably the closest of the Dublin venues for you.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thanks pete, anyone else know of anywhere? garden shed perhaps?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by peterev View Post
    thanks pete, anyone else know of anywhere? garden shed perhaps?
    I have a shed Peter, but not so sure it's big enough for you.. or equipped for your prints at least!

Signal is the only other available darkroom in Bray to the best of my knowledge, I know some of the schools have them still, but no idea on format or sizes.

If I can help in any way, just holler?

Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thanks for the offer Sile,much appreciated, i'll probably bite the bullet on the commute,shame there isn't a large one for hire in wickla area.
    thanks again.
    peter

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Peter,
    The Dublin Camera Club have darkrooms available to members and is located in Lr. Camden Street. There is however a 2 month waiting period before you can have your own set of keys. In the meantime the darkrooms are available on Saturdays while the gallery is open from 10:00 to 17:00 hrs.

Cheers
    TEX

Shooter
    Medium Format
    thanks tex

peter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A quick note from Galway..
    If anyone needs a darkroom (like me!!), there is one available for renting at the Galway Art Centre in Dominick Street. It's basic, it has 3 enlargers available and a lot of accessories..But that's enough for an absolute beginner like me.
    The only commitment is the yearly membership fee, but the rent is only 8€.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin