Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,589   Online: 1107

Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 61011121314151617181920212226 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Eunifield.. and welcome from Wicklow..
    Hope to see you around often!
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

South Galway, Originally from sunny Sligo, Ireland
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Hello everyone.

I've been a member of this site for a few months, but haven't posted in this thread until now.

As a teenager I was camera mad, armed with a Yashica FrI that was almost as old as me and after several years I have returned to photography, and am the proud owner of a Rolleiflex T, (bought off ebay and currently with Mr Harry Fleenor for CLA) and a Nikon N-8008.

These days, I am practising my photography in black and white, having done a beginners darkroom course in the Galway Arts Centre darkroom (which has sadly ceased operating since the turn of the year, leaving yours truly with many negatives and no way to print them).

That's my introduction for now, and hope to be at least a little bit active in this forum

Cheers

Eamonn
    He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.

Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    hi Eamon and welcome
    Simplicius

"defying gravity since 1898"

My Flickr Account

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This region is starting to grow . Welcome Eamon.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Eamon, there was a thread here recently about the Galway folk meeting up, you should check it out.

Edit: Silly me :rolleyes:, I see you posted in it already.

Peter
    Last edited by thefizz; 02-19-2009 at 03:12 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Welcome all the newbies! My body's in Ethiopia, but my heart's always in Ireland, even though I'm an American born and bred. But the Irish APUG crew is tops and you should get to know them. Hope to meet a few more in March when I swing back through!
    Michael McClellan
    Documentary Photographer
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    http://www.MichaelMcClellan.com

South Galway, Originally from sunny Sligo, Ireland
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Whats the story with the Connemara outing? I couldn't commit to a full weekend (unfortunately the HSE has better plans for spending my time) but would love to go for a day.

I was in Letterfrack two weekends ago, driving there from the Westport side and came home via the Inagh valley. With snow on the mountains it was amazing.

btw, we stayed in The Old Monastry Hostel, behind the old school in the village, right at the foot of Diamond hill. I would heartily recommend it as a base of operations. The hostel itself could eat several rolls of film before ever going out the front door. Great vegetarian food too, run by hippies. The bean casserole is one of the most musical meals I've ever had the pleasure of tasting
    He attacked everything in life with a mix of extraordinary genius and naive incompetence, and it was often difficult to tell which was which.

Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi
    My name is david and i've only joined up recently.
    Theres a few names on here that i recognise from PI however.

I started photography on a zenit 122 in the mid nineties and have ammassed a huge amount of film gear since.
    It actually is getting a bit silly at this stage, i have around 8 different film camera's, everthing from a half-frame 35mm olympus to a 6x6 minolta autocord. No large format gear yet.
    I really have to quit ebay.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello, I'm Sinead...

I see a few names I know from PI here...

Martin directed me here, and I think I had an invite from Peter (thefizz) a long time ago, just getting to visit here now...

I'm a second year HND Photography student, shoot both film and digital, though, it's been mostly digital the past little while, but I'm really looking forward to shooting some film again soon...

Most of the film I've shot has been b&w 35mm stuff, mostly Agfa APX 100 and Ilford Delta 3200, little bit of Neopan 1600 too.
    I love the grainy stuff, love the atmosphere it can add...

I'm having a bit of a slow burning love affair with Holga and Diana at the moment too, bought a little 35mm Holga last year and I really loved it, love shooting colour with it, which surprises me a little, mostly, I just want to work with b&w...

I've very recently started using a 120 Holga, lovely camera to use, so much nicer than the 35mm version...

I'm also just starting to think about moving to Medium format, but am not really sure what format I'd like, still very much mulling it all around in my head...

...and bugging people with heaps of questions!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    welcome to the Irish corner of apug David & Siead.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin