Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,208   Posts: 1,531,913   Online: 1111

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 81213141516171819202122232428 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG Darragh

Shooter
    35mm

Introductions

Hi All,
    I have been a member of APUG for a few years ,just dipping in and out for specific info etc,being self employed with young children I havent had time to get set up properly for my B & W printing ie shed conversion!! Somehow my wife thinks the chemicals leave an aftersmell in the kitchen,WELL I CANT SMELL IT !!!
    So I didnt really explore the site,I'm recovering from an operation & have discovered your "region",PLEASE include me in your stream,or let me know if or how I can suscribe to the posts.
    I have always been taking photo's but only joined a camera club 7yrs ago,great move! Have met fab people and ended up as Chairman,which I enjoyed,vibrant club,busy time as we do alot of community work as well as satisfying a 50+ active membership.
    ONLY problem is that now only one or two of use use film,never mind proper
    B&W,three people have darkrooms ,but dont use them much.
    The only Digital camera is the one I use to Phone people with & I only bought an autofocus camera 2 yrs ago (F90X Nikon)Previously Nikon FG,Mamiya 645 TL ,ADOX 6X6 Folder; AGFA Isolette 1952 Folder,and more recently 1926 Kodak Autographic and only this week inherited a Canon IVsb 1952 Rangefinder(unfortunately ,lens has major fungus)
    I generally shoot slide on the Mamiya,B&W on the 6X6's and Nikon FG & colour slide & film on the F90X.
    BTW Have just made deal on VGC Nikon F 100!
    So Folks ,That's Me,I Live in Dungarvan ,Co Waterford,actually have met "Fayitas",in Downes Bar in Waterford on the night of the Hot air Balloon Championships.
    BTW If anyone needs a darkroom ,there is a pro darkroom to hire in Lismore ,Co Waterford,contact me for details.
    Regards
    Eugene

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Eugene, was down your way a few weeks ago, love the area.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How's it going Eugene!? Good to see you here!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Welcome to the Irish section Eugene, I'm afraid your experience in the camera club seems to be the norm nowadays. The day of the analog worker belonging to a camera club hardly seems worthwhile. Thank goodness for APUG. Look forward to seeing your work on line.

Cheers
    TEX

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Tex,
    Yea ,everyone is going digital alright ,but I am gaining a few converts,two of our lads got film cameras this week and more have expressed interest in shooting slide since I showed them some of my slides,Fuji Velvia blows a digital projected image out of the water as you know,but they had never seen a slide projected up to this.
    Looking forward to hanging out on the forum,will have to get some of my B&Ws scanned & post them.

Cheers
    Eugene

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome Eugene, great to have you here. If you want to subscribe to this end of the forum and get daily notifications.

Goto http://www.apug.org/forums/forum237/ and on the top right hand side you can see Page 1 of 6, under that is "Forum Tools", click the arrow beside it and under should be "Subscribe to this Forum"

Sometimes we meet as a group and one of those occasions was to the Copper Coast, lovely place altogether.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Fintan,
    Thanks for the lead,job done,checked out your site admire what your doing ,I'll have our webmaster put your link on our site www.dungarvancameraclub.com which just went live last weekend.
    If you're coming down this direction again give me a bell as I have alot of local knowledge & maybe some private access,I'm blessed to live in one of the most diverse counties in Ireland,We have a huge amount of hidden jewels.

Shooter
    35mm
    OH Yea,As I posted in my intro,I've inherited a 1952 Canon Rangefinder 50mm f1.8 lens (chrome) with 50% of one element covered in fungus.I'm wondering if any of you know of someone in Ireland who could clean it ?
    I came across one on ebay just as it closed for $150 but was not the owner of the camera at the time.
    They were credited as being Canon's finest rangefinder and equalling the Leicas of their time!!
    With this camera I have the original case, Warranty card,instruction manual,and recently found the cardboard insert for loading the film ,which was hidden in a secret compartment in the case!!!!
    I have collimated the rangefinder and shot a roll of film & the focus is good ,but the fungus is bad!!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hello, My name is Bill; I live in North Carolina, but my wife and I will be visiting in County Donegal from May 6 - June 3 '09. If there are members in that area, lets talk. I use a Hasselblad and a Rollei.
    Bill

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin