Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,104   Online: 889

Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 91314151617181920212223242529 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Bill, Donegal is too far for me but if you are passing through Meath, let me know and we can possibly meet.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello,

My name is Eve and I live in Galway, I am new to the APUG website and the entire darkroom scene to be honest. I got my first SLR six years ago and never looked back. I shoot both digital and 35mm and am lucky enough to have come into possession of quite a lot of darkroom equipment.

I have almost everything to get up and running but having never processed a film or a print myself before. I will be looking to you guys for help and encouragement along the way. I have yet to set up my actual processing space but intend to start blacking out windows and mixing chemicals this week, I have a good book but know that nothing beats practical experience so I look forward to receiving tips and tricks from all those that have previously been in my "newbie" position.

I can't wait to be in full control of all my black and white prints and negatives. It's very exciting!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Eve,

Welcome to the Irish corner of Apug.

Peter
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi Eve,

Welcome to the Irish section of APUG. There is a camera club in Galway and I'm sure there must be 1 or 2 people left there who still work with film. Check out the Irish Photographic Federation web site for a contact. Of course there is always us.

Cheers
    TEX

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for my welcomes. I have about a hundred questions about getting started with the film processing and contact prints etc but I reckon I should head over to the other more specific forums for that. Can anyone tell me where is best to post real beginners questions....? I've had a quick read of previously posted questions but many seem to be above my level of experience.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Eve, just post in the section which bests suits your question, i.e. if you have a question on film, paper or chemistry, use that forum and don't worry how basic you think your question is. Apug is for photographers of all levels.

Peter
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi,
    James here, Leixlip Co Kildare. Only registered online this morning - So hello everyone.
    So far not a mamber of any camera club, only online when I get a chance. Currently trying to setup a personal webspace.

I hope to pop in/out of forums regularly to learn and share. But if anything is happening local you might think is of interest, please e-mail me.

I'm still using film - Slide mainly, B+W occasionally. Sometime soon - I'ld love to resurrect a darkroom, but that is on end of a long list.....

Hope to say hello more often and see how this forum goes.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi James, welcome to apug.

Peter
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome James from down the road in Portlaoise

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hello James and welcome to the Irish section. Stay in touch.

Cheers
    TEX

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin