Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,454   Online: 985

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Looks good, don't think I've sold myself that weekend either so I should be able to make it.

Shooter
    Holga
    hiya mel,

welcome to the gang... i'm in cork, too, but closer to cork city. nice to meet you!

catherine

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Mel and welcome..
    Hope you can make it for Cashel.. it promises to be a great day out

Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Not Irish proper, but I lived in Dublin for two years and left my heart somewhere on Skellig Michael, so something keeps pulling me back. Scots-Irish to the core, and Celtic in heart and soul, I'm American born and bred but love Ireland and plan to return again and again. So, since Peter called me an "honorary Irishman" in one of his posts, I would like to be considered a "corresponding member" of your group.

Diplomat by profession, but photographer by avocation, I do documentary work. I'm now deep into a project on Celtic monasticism (in the wake of my book on Egyptian monasticism) and hope to get that published in the next year or two. Strictly black-and-white, I gave up color years ago and only use digital to snapshoot my holidays. Otherwise, it's 4x5 large format and a Leica with shift lenses for backpacking.

Good luck with your Irish APUG group and I hope it keeps growing!

All the best from Baghdad . . . .
    Michael McClellan
    Documentary Photographer
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    http://www.MichaelMcClellan.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Always great to have you post here Michael, needless to say if you are ever back in Ireland do let us all know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It's a pleasure to have you with us Michael.
    Your work sounds absolutely fascinating and I have to agree the Skelligs are as beautiful as they are intriguing, as are almost all Monastic sites that I'm lucky enough to have been to in Ireland..

Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mmcclellan View Post
    So, since Peter called me an "honorary Irishman" in one of his posts, I would like to be considered a "corresponding member" of your group.
    Your very welcome in our group Michael, sure we even let a Canadian in recently
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post
    What he doesn't realise, is that I'm only holding out for that enlarger in the attic.. so shh.. don't tell him..

Síle
    Síle, I've come across an old MPP Enlarger with a 50mm and 75mm lens, would you be interested in it? Free of course.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan View Post
    Síle, I've come across an old MPP Enlarger with a 50mm and 75mm lens, would you be interested in it? Free of course.
    Fintan I would be extremely interested, thank you! It's exactly what I'm looking for, and it's just my size too

Síle
    Síle

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post
    Fintan I would be extremely interested, thank you! It's exactly what I'm looking for, and it's just my size too

Síle
    Great, I'll take it along to Cashel if you are coming. I also have tank and reels and a couple of small trays from the same darkroom clearout. All yours if you want and of course free.

Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin