Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,888   Posts: 1,520,749   Online: 1107

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1317181920212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by damienm View Post
    Lol.. thanks George. I'll try to walk first before I can run

I'm currently working contact-sheeting a backlog of developed film. After that, quite a few proof prints, and at that point hopefully some finished prints,

Damien
    Ah to hell with proof prints...where's the fun in that!

Get a sheet of 12x16 pick your favourite image... print it....matte it...bang it into a nice frame...nothing like it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Lol.. well, if I didn't have three small walls covered in cork..

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by eunified61 View Post
    total newbie have shot just one roll so will be looking for advice from time to time. minolta 404si weapon of choice
    have since added a Bronica etrs and a Mamiya RZ

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eunified61 View Post
    have since added a Bronica etrs and a Mamiya RZ
    Keep the roll number shot rising as you acquire more gear. Looking forward to seeing your work at one of our gatherings.
    Cheers
    Vincent

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Farside View Post
    I'm Dave, near Kilkenny (actually in Tipp, but nearest town is Kilkenny). I've been shooting film for over four decades, but the last ten years saw very little activity. My purchase last year of a digiSLR re-awakened an interest in film and especially Medium Format.
    I recently bought a Pentacon Six and am slowly building up an MF kit based around Russian and German glass. Oddly enough, the first films I ever shot were all 120/220 on the family cameras of the day, so it's all a process of re-learning forgotten knowledge.
    CITY !
    Hi Dave, typical of a Tipp Man to refer to Kilkenny as a " Town " - you have been reported to Kilkenny City Hall where they are taking a very dim view of you !

Hi All , I'm Michael McGrath, Pro , Kilkenny CITY , running out of new ideas after 44 years as a Photog here and everywhere else , so I've joined APUG in desperation . I hope to learn from all here especially the Advanced Amateurs .

- The City Manager just phoned , Dave, to state that he wouldn't expect anything else from a Tipp Man , so you're forgiven for now . Drop by sometime , same goes for everybody else here and in the States and all over the world as Apuggers fight back against the endless horde of DigiKids ( some of them doddering , like me ) .

( Looking back , happiest days I spent were in The Munster Express darkroom in Waterford CITY nearby ) .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcGrath View Post
    CITY !
    Hi Dave, typical of a Tipp Man to refer to Kilkenny as a " Town " - you have been reported to Kilkenny City Hall where they are taking a very dim view of you !
    Typical of a Kilkenny man to be causing trouble

Welcome to APUG, Michael. I've only joined recently myself, and also hoping to learn from the resident gurus

It certainly is satisfying to get your hands dirty with the image making process, whether it's developing, printing contacts, or working tirelessly on a final print. I'd imagine being from from publishing deadlines will allow you some freedom to re-visit film shooting again,

Damien

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcom to apug Michael.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Welcome Michael to the Irish section of APUG . Look forward to meeting you at one of gatherings.
    ________
    Vincent

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi guys, registered some time back and forgot to put up an introduction, I've met some of you guys through workshops and Mountmellick Photographic Society. alas the last film user there, use a mf bronica etrs for landscapes and a 35mm canon for everything else, try to shoot mainly in b&w by colour sneaks in, sometimes more than I want but another story, I've my own dark room and process my own film (except colour), wont go digital, love the delay in film, it's not the end of the world if they dont always turn out right, so long as some of them do, hope to be more active on this site, home town is Newbridge, hello Tex, living now in Portarllington, will keep in touch, bye for now, Paul Whiteley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Welcome to the Irish contingent on APUG!

Damien

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin