Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,990   Posts: 1,524,146   Online: 1114

Page 25 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1519202122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would love to come if all were ok with me there ye are meetn in Dublin not great with dublin but should be able find it

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi Des, welcome to the Irish section of apug. You will be more than welcome to join us for our print showing on Nov. 13th.

Vincent

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kool ya i make it up do all bring a print or just aflew
    Look forward to Meeting u all

Shooter
    35mm
    Just wanted to say hello to all on this section of APUG. I am a modest beginner here and I have always preferred the look of film over (dare I say it) Digital. I have recently bought a Canon A1 which I have sent away for a full service. I expect it will take me a while to get the hang of a film camera, its a long time since I used one. I remember I traded in my old Canon EOS for my first Digital Camera which was an Olympus 2020Z-2MP which at the time cost £799 (Punts) in the old camera centre in Dublin.

I like the process of darkroom work but I guess this will take a lot of consideration before I ever go there. I will for now just get used to my Canon A1 and take my time on this new journey back to film photography

My digital camera is Canon 40D with a selection of lenses from 50mm f/1.4 (Canon) 70-200mm IS-USM f/2.8 (Canon) Tokina/ATX Pro 16-50mm f/2.8 and Tokina/ATX Pro 12-24mm f/4

I am based in Enfield Co Meath.
    Regards
    Paul

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome to apug neighbor

Peter
    (just down the road in Trim)
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello Peter...

I think I will need some of your guidance on my little journey back to film... ! and yes we are only a stones throw apart, I visit Trim recycling centre on a regular bases.. I have even noticed the gate fee increase...!

Regards
    Paul

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Another neighbour just down the road from you in KIlcock, welcome to you Paul

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi Paul and welcome to apug. I find it encouraging that people come back into the analog world even after using digital. As a member of a camera club I've seen almost every member switch to digital, so it's always nice to get one back. Hope to meet at our next print showing.

Cheers
    Vincent

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello Eddie... its encouraging to note there are a few other film shooters within a few miles. I want to try film and mostly B&W, but not sure if I will go the whole way to the darkroom...! seems to be a daunting process from what I have read online plus the additional costs for set up of equipment. I have to see who I get on with the A1 when I get it back from a full service.

Might catch up with you sometime in O'Keefe's

Regards
    Paul

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Vincent.

I have decided to go back to the older-ways with photography, and I always liked the A1. I guess it slows you down a little, you are forced to spend more time to set up a shot, and that appeals to me. I also like B&W and I think film gives a shot more appeal...even if its not 100% perfect and pin-sharp.

Regards
    Paul

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin