Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,689   Posts: 1,548,783   Online: 1204

Page 26 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1620212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    You are very welcome to Apug, Paul.

Hope we get to meet maybe at the print get-together in late April?

Regards,
    George.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Paul, best of luck here from another Paul, great to see someone returning from the dark side (digital), hope to see you at the next print showing, Paul.
    A painter interprets an image, a film photographer captures an image and a digital photographer creates an image.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Paul. ( George above)

thank you for your welcome to the forum. I am gonna give it a try anyway... I have not been to active with digital and I find all the post picture processing rather un-exiting... its hard to explain it. What I see and lots of companies trying to sell you more and more add-ons to adobe/lightroom/aperture etc...its kind no stop in your face processing mayhem and its all about making you part with money and join another training course.. if you understand what I mean.

I like my Canon 40D and it serves me well in most circumstances, but the film just has that appeal and it also kinda forces you to think more about what you are going with the composition of any shot. Its a slower pace and I think its worth going back to it for a while.

I am on that new learning curve but for the old way, so my dependency on my light meter will probably go up..

I am hoping to get my A1 back from its full service in the next couple of weeks and I will spend a little time getting used used to driving it...!

Regards

Paul

Shooter
    35mm

Hellooooo

Hello I'm Trish
    I'm from South Kilkenny. I mainly shoot 35mm, but I've been known to dabble with 120mm when I'm not cursing & swearing at the Lubitel (It has a problem with it's back you see). I also have a Holga which is currently in hiding (it also has a back problem). As for the 35mm's I have a Canon 3000 & a Praktica LB I'm trying to source a 50mm lens for that and a shutter release at the moment. The Praktica was my Dads camera & it's the one I first learned photography with so it's been around for a while and it's been very loved.

When I'm shooting Digital it's a Canon 40D, which has taken a few bumps

I've seen a few names on here that I recognise so hi to you guys

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Patricia,

Great to see you here on apug and welcome to the Irish corner

Peter
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi Trish,

Great to see another film user here.

Paul.
    A painter interprets an image, a film photographer captures an image and a digital photographer creates an image.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi Trish,

Welcome to the Irish section of apug. Keep your eye on this section as we may be organising a day's get together for a photo shoot within the next few months. Hope that you might be able to make it.

cheers
    vincent

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi all, stumbled upon Apug today in my research on various darkrooms available to rent in Dublin - I'm involved in Block T's lovely new darkroom. Apparently I've been registered on Apug since 2007 - not sure how that happened!

Anyway, I'm Diarmait, based in Dublin. I shoot exclusively on film (mostly black and white) and I develop and print all my own work. Basically I'm in love with the darkroom and hand-prints, both colour and black & white.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Welcome

Hi Diarmait welcome to the Irish section, there is a print showing coming up in Dublin soon, hopefully November, why not drop along.

Regards

Paul

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Welcome Dairmait and good to hear about the new darkroom. We can never have enough darkrooms
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin