Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,593   Online: 918

Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    welcome jb, woohooo, another Ireland apugger!
    Mel

jb7

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thank you Mel-

jb7

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quiet around here-
    what happened to the madhouse?

Everyone out taking pictures?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I was out at 7am this morning shooting my Castle, well its Trim Castle but I call it my own seeing that I've photographed almost every inch of it by now :rolleyes:
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thefizz View Post
    I was out at 7am this morning shooting my Castle, well its Trim Castle but I call it my own seeing that I've photographed almost every inch of it by now :rolleyes:
    You missed a bit...

Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I'll get that bit tomorrow morning so
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jb7 View Post
    Quiet around here-
    what happened to the madhouse?

Everyone out taking pictures?
    no such luck, a burst radiator and a heavy cold keeping me off-line and off the planet

jb7

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Burst radiator, leaky bellows-
    looks like that silicone might just fix everything-

Get well soon-

j

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi all. I'm Rory, a Dub living in East Cork (near Mel it would appear!).

Have been into photography since my late teens (17+ years I spose - yikes!). I recently finished two years of a night course on photography and darkroom techniques in the Crawford college. Great course, I would highly recommend it to anyone within an hour or so of Cork city.

I shoot mostly with my Nikon F90X, which is a great camera. But I also love my Holga and my SX70 (sadly bought only a couple of years ago. I shot a load of Polaroid back in the mid 90's, but was put off by the cost of film at the time - arrghhh! If only I knew what the future held - I'd have had 10 good years!). I also have a Mamiya RB67 which I'm a bit scared of, but love! I've only had it since January, and haven't done it any justice yet. I started out way back with a Pentax ME Super, which was a great little camera. Sadly the light meter has died. But I need a light meter for the Mamiya, so maybe I'll resurect the ME Super when I get around to buying one (an old Weston if I can get my hands on one!). I replaced the ME Super a couple of years ago with a Pentax P30T - the camera I would have liked to buy new back when I bought the ME. In hindsight I made the right decision to buy the ME Super - a far nicer camera to use than the P30T. Anyway, enough, I hate equipment bores.

Oh hang on, a couple more pieces of equipment. I have a Durst M805 enlarger which I bought for a song off a pro wedding photographer in January. His was the Mamiya too. A Rolls Royce of enlargers - love it! My darkroom is tiny and lives with the washing machine, so not the most dust free of environments, but least I have it. From camera to large prints, and not a computer in sight!

Those of us that were on the course are still in touch and meeting regularly. We're trying to get a bit of an analogue movement going in Cork - watch this space!

Rory

Shooter
    Holga
    welcome! we're planning an expedition to see thefizz up in trim (middle or end of july)... you are more than welcome to join us.... they are a blast!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin