Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,596   Online: 844

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Things to do in the Ireland Regional Group

While the group is only newly formed I think we could start looking at the future and what we need to do as a group and what events we can organise.

I'm looking for suggestions and to start off, i suggest the following which may be short/medium or long term goals.

Increase membership of the group
    Workshops
    Photo shoots
    Print exchanges
    Print meetups
    Exhibition
    Self Published book
    Twin with a group in another region for exchanges

Any views/suggestions?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sounds like a good plan to me.

Increase membership of the group: I try to spread the word as best I can.

Workshops: Most definitely interested in these.

Print meetups & Photo shoots: As we are spread around the country, it may be best to do Print Meetups on the same day as Photo Shoots, i.e., when we meet for our day out at Clonmacnoise, we could bring some of our work to show each other in a pub or cafe that afternoon. Then for our next day out we could bring some prints from the Clonmacnoise trip to look at, and so on...

Exhibition: This would interest me.

Self Published book: Will need a lot of members contributing to this but good idea.

Twin with a group in another region for exchanges: Good idea but there are many exchanges already on apug which are very good. I have done the blind exchange a few times and don't mind doing more.

It would be good if different members could take on the responsibility of looking after each of the above. Fintan is doing a great job of organising workshops and I don't mind looking after the day outs. Any one else like to volunteer?
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Holga
    What's an exchange? We go somewhere... or we just send prints, instead of ourselves....

:-(

I know some folks at the Public Museum in Cork. They have an upstairs gallery and they are always on the lookout for work to exhibit. I couldn't take on curating something solo ... but if one of y'all were will to volunteer to join me we could bash around some ideas and take a proposal to them.

You can get a look at the room here: http://www.corkcity.ie/ourservices/r...ortraits.shtml

Catherine

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffy_penguins View Post
    What's an exchange? We go somewhere... or we just send prints, instead of ourselves....

Catherine
    It's where we send you off to another country and get someone else in return
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Holga

... too funny....

look out... you might get this little guy instead!

http://www.istockphoto.com/file_closeup.php?id=2170280

catherine

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin