Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,701   Posts: 1,482,636   Online: 768

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A+ Fuji..

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Many congratulations to Abbie!

I also echo the "well done" to Fuji.
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well done Abbie, you must have got your artistic talent from your mother

Peter
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    WTG to all!
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dferrie View Post
    As Síle will be too modest to mention it, I'm going to do. Síle's daughter got 2nd place in this promotion/competition from the Fuji shop in Bray, it was a lovely shot and at the risk of being biased, should really have gotten first place. Well done Abbie! And also well done Fuji Bray for sponsoring this initiative.

David
    What a great story. Smart move on the part of Fuji and the school. The thought processes involved in describing the subject, the means by which it should be expressed and the analysis needed to determne success or what is best are wonderfull lessons.

Shooter
    35mm
    A small goodwill gesture like this goes a long ways. Fuji has been my brand of choice ever since my first roll of Reala, and I love their slide films too.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Congrats to Abbie, hope shes not too disappointed in not getting the digital camera, hint hint to you Sile, get eBaying for a film camera for the next birthday

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    I am with Fintan - Buy that girl a film camera and then simple darkroom skills.

Our youngest daughter used to sit and watch me print before she started kindergarten. In 5th grade she took an old enlarger of mine and set up a darkroom for her class. While attending UCSC she paid her way making portraits of babies and children, and occasionally printing for a major portrait photographer in Sacramento.

You can not start them too young, especially once they show an interest!
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey everyone,

Thank you all for the kind words, which I have passed on to a now brightly beaming Abbie. She says to say a big thank you to everyone from her too. Needless to say she was thrilled to come in second, and I was one very proud Mum

Yes, I totally agree she needs a film camera.. and I willingly obliged by passing on my Richoflex to her when she first showed interest in my Autocord.. She loved the way the "old camera" works. And I have an old Fujica 35mm that I willingly hand over too.. I think she might be hooked

Jim, that was a lovely story about your daughter thank you for sharing it.

Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Let me add my congrats to Abbie (and proud Mum). And I echo the thanks of the others to Fuji.

Great all around - perhaps soon Abbie will join APUG? Maybe we could start a "Next Generation" forum?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin