Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,654   Posts: 1,481,390   Online: 1067

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A+ Fuji..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

A+ Fuji..

My 12 year old daughter came home from school today with a Disposable Fuji Film camera in tow..
    Apparently, the class is to take photo's of "Their Community" and, once the film is developed, decide on one or two of their favourite shots to enlarge for a competition of sorts.
    Fuji provided the cameras and will develop the film once exposed. All the children have to do, is pay for the two enlargements.. a couple of €'s at most?
    She's completely enthused about the whole idea, and is already thinking of areas in the town that she wants to go out and take pictures of..
    I really think it's an absolutely wonderful idea and think Fuji deserve big Kudos for this initiative.
    Not only are they're instilling the love of film photography into future generations but in the process making more thoughtful and selective photographers and getting kids up and out of the house to boot.

Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I agree - a hearty congrats to the Jolly Green Giant!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    We can only hope that this move by Fuji will spread. There was a time when Kodak strongly supported education in photography, but that is long gone.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Its a great idea and one I bet Mammy will be too delighted to help on the homework

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan View Post
    Its a great idea and one I bet Mammy will be too delighted to help on the homework
    It's a dirty job Fintan... But somebody's got to do it ...
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Well done Fuji, I think thats a great idea. It will be very exciting for the kids when picking out their favorite negs for printing.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thefizz View Post
    Well done Fuji, I think thats a great idea. It will be very exciting for the kids when picking out their favorite negs for printing.
    I couldn't agree more.. I have to admit I'm dying to see what she chooses as opposed to what my choice would be... But my lips will be well and truly sealed so as not to influence any decision.
    Why wasn't homework like this in my day?

Síle
    Síle

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post
    My 12 year old daughter came home from school today with a Disposable Fuji Film camera in tow..
    Apparently, the class is to take photo's of "Their Community" and, once the film is developed, decide on one or two of their favourite shots to enlarge for a competition of sorts.
    Did they get any pointers/guide on composition? It's a great idea, I love to see kids picking up a camera and taking a few shots. I know some parents have had a panic attack when they see their kids picking up with my cameras, but as I say, it's insured and we should encourage their creative talents.

David
    I want to take the photograph I think I'm taking

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dferrie View Post
    Did they get any pointers/guide on composition?

David
    The school decided on the theme of "Community" to tie in with Geography and Social Science lessons, Fuji provided the camera's and impetus.. there were no pointers given by either school or Fuji, which to be honest, I think is a good thing.. If you give kids pointers or examples.. you'll most likely get 60 of the same photos.. not quite individuality!
    The most ironic part for me however, is.. first prize is...
    A D*g*t*l camera...
    Ah well.. I guess we can't have it all!

Síle..
    Síle

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post
    As Síle will be too modest to mention it, I'm going to do. Síle's daughter got 2nd place in this promotion/competition from the Fuji shop in Bray, it was a lovely shot and at the risk of being biased, should really have gotten first place. Well done Abbie! And also well done Fuji Bray for sponsoring this initiative.

David
    I want to take the photograph I think I'm taking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin