Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,771   Online: 855

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan View Post
    So what time are we meeting??

The site opens at 9am, and according to the OPW, it's another site that gets extremely busy this time of year, therefore I would imagine the earlier the better.
    Our meeting time will probably depend on how long it will take everyone to get there? It's about two hours from here, so I'll go along with what suits everyone else.

Btw I did ring ahead, and as usual with OPW sites there are no restrictions on the use of tripods etc. providing it's not for professional purposes.

Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The Rock opens at 9am, so I suggest we be ready, cameras in hand to burst through the door at that time.

Edit: sorry Sile, you got in before me.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some of the best photographs are not taken inside it but in the roads/fields outside, so I'm not too keen on rushing the door at 9

Shooter
    Holga

noodling along

Start without me... .I'll just noodle along and find you guys there - earliest bus is 8AM puts me in Cashel at 9:30AM or so. I'll look for the tripods!

:-)

Cath

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thefizz View Post
    The Rock opens at 9am, so I suggest we be ready, cameras in hand to burst through the door at that time.

Edit: sorry Sile, you got in before me.
    No problem Peter.. good to know we're all so eager!
    I agree that the best shots seem to be from a bit away. Why don't we meet at the site carpark, then all pile in one/two cars and set off to find a good spot? And by the time we're all good to go ... Catherine should have arrived

Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Cafe Hans beside the Rock and Grant, in Kearney Castle hotel on the Main St are I'm told the best spots for caffeine and calories.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Síle View Post
    No problem Peter.. good to know we're all so eager!
    I agree that the best shots seem to be from a bit away. Why don't we meet at the site carpark, then all pile in one/two cars and set off to find a good spot? And by the time we're all good to go ... Catherine should have arrived
    And if we are stopped by the police we can say we are just taking her back to the zoo.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    35mm

Cashel Palace Hotel

Quote Originally Posted by Fintan View Post
    Cafe Hans beside the Rock and Grant, in Kearney Castle hotel on the Main St are I'm told the best spots for caffeine and calories.
    The Cashel Palace hotel has a very nice restaurant in the basement (Bishops Buttery), which was very nice the last time I was there, as I recall you can also wander from the Garden of the hotel up to/towards the Rock as the hotel used to be the Bishops residence.

http://www.cashel-palace.ie/welcome.shtml

I don't think I'm going to be able to make it to Cashel hope you all have a great time.

David
    I want to take the photograph I think I'm taking

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It’s a couple of years since I visited the Rock, but I would recommend that you do go in as soon as it opens because as others have said it gets very busy by about 10am. This is fine if you like people pictures.
    There is a ruined Abbey about half a mile away which will also provide photo opportunities, and a vista of the Rock. There is a footpath from near the Rock entrance, or you can drive there.
    As you come out of the car park there is a row of cottages/shops on the right, one of which is/was a good café with a pleasant garden opposite.
    Apart from that enjoy the day, and do not, whatever you do, save film.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Holga
    Quote Originally Posted by thefizz View Post
    And if we are stopped by the police we can say we are just taking her back to the zoo.
    Grrrrrawww! (Mean penguin noises)....

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin