Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,760   Posts: 1,516,051   Online: 893

Shooter
    Holga

color processing, cork or vicinity...

hi gang,

can anyone recommend a lab for color processing; 120 and 35 mm; positive and negative? i'd prefer cork (can drop off a roll and try 'em out).

anyone use one of the mail order companies?? dlab7.com or that other company (name escapes me) in sheffield?

thx,
    catherine

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ring Paddy Barker in Barker Photographic, he will know what labs are still operating. Paddy is also works the picture desk in the Examiner newspaper so should be able to help you.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Catherine,

I take my slide films (35mm) to Spectra photo on Patrick Street (Cork) not sure if they do 120. They send them away (to Tralee I think) and get them back in five working days. There was a place that did them same day but that has closed down. I've only just started using Spectra, I used to send them over to Fuji in England (fujilab.co.uk I think) but they take a couple of weeks to get back and occasionally get waylaid in the post. Pricewise I don't think there is much in it by the time you allow for currency conversion and postage etc. If I'm visiting my folks back home (England) I'll sometimes send a batch to Fuji and get them delivered there. I did try dlab7 ages ago but wasn't happy with some of the quality, I don't know if that was just me but I've been reluctant to go back to them.

Mel

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I post my 120 Transparencies to Repro35 in Dublin (01 6621077) and get them back in three or four days. Unfortunately they don't do neg film. But they will cross process my neg film in E6 chemistry which I love.

Peter
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Holga
    Quote Originally Posted by thefizz View Post
    But they will cross process my neg film in E6 chemistry which I love.

Peter
    Me too! Color-wise I'm hooked on two things: cross processing and fill flash. I'm trying to calm down... but... you know....

What are the effects from neg film in e6 - i've only done slide film...

cath
    Last edited by fluffy_penguins; 05-15-2007 at 03:41 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: clarity

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffy_penguins View Post
    What are the effects from neg film in e6 - i've only done slide film...

cath
    The funny thing is, of all the people I spoke to regarding cross processing, I seemed to be the only one who was developing neg film in E6. Most others were doing tranny film in C41, but I never liked that much.

I found that neg film done in E6 chemistry resulted in saturated colours (when over exposed) and pastel colours (when under exposed), some colours even changed completely. Whites go green/orange and blacks go blue/purple.

The great thing is that you end up with a transparency.

Peter
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin