Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,970   Posts: 1,523,509   Online: 826

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Glendalough...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Glendalough...

I'm not sure we all agreed on Glendalough as our next day out.. as much as I kinda railroaded you all into saying yes!

Therefore I'm opening this thread for discussion..
    Are we all ok with a Glendalough trip for our next get together, or has someone got another suggestion?
    Also Powerscourt waterfall and gardens can be fitted into the day if you're interested?
    http://www.powerscourt.ie/gardens/index.htm

As for dates, I'm fairly easy on this one it being on my doorstep.. so..
    Everyone?

Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    sign me up!!

Since you know the area, any coastal landscapes that would make for good b+w nearby?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan View Post
    sign me up!!

Since you know the area, any coastal landscapes that would make for good b+w nearby?
    Oh yes, there are plenty!

There's a 'mile long' Victorian railed promenade, and deserted sandy or pebble beaches all within about a half hours drive from Glendalough and 10 minutes from Powerscourt, so you tell me exactly what it is you're looking for, and I'll find it

Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I would love a day at Glendalough so count me in. The other coastel suggestions also sound good.

I'm away the weekends of 28th July and 4th August, so I hope that doesn't knock me out, but if they are good dates for everyone else I won't mind as I can go again myself.

I could go any day up to 22nd July but not sure if Fluffy will be back by then?
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So far any weekend in July suits, I can't do the middle two weekends in August, that'd be the 11/12th and 18/19th, but am fairly ok after that..
    Also we could leave Powerscourt and just head to the coast if you'd all rather, I'm easy either way..

Síle
    Síle

Shooter
    35mm
    I can't do the first two weekends in July but don't let that stop you if it suits everyone else. Anytime after that should be OK, and I'm flexible with the locations.

Mel

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi All,

Reckon I should be able to make the Glendalough outing. Aside from the option of heading for some coastal shots, let's not forget the close proximity to the lakes of Blessington/Sally Gap. On the coastal side of things there are lots of options. If we can manage it, I would urge an early start, it's the summer (at least it is today ) and Glendalough is really popular with tours and Dubliners alike.

I'm pretty much okay on dates except for weekends of 11/12th and 18/19th August.

David
    I want to take the photograph I think I'm taking

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I lived in County Dublin in 1984 and 1985. To me Glendalough was iconic. In the states, Glendalough would have an "interpretative center" and park police and everything would have been roped off to keep people from touching the stones. It was always an amazement to me to go to Glendalough, nearly always deserted, and be able to walk through the ruins so intimately, feel them, commune with them, without official voices trying to intermediate my experience of the place.

Sanders

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanders McNew View Post
    I lived in County Dublin in 1984 and 1985. To me Glendalough was iconic. In the states, Glendalough would have an "interpretative center" and park police and everything would have been roped off to keep people from touching the stones.
    There is a visitor center in Glendalough and it is part of the Wicklow Mountains National Park which is controlled by park rangers, but that said it remains very open for everyone to enjoy. I read at the weekend that BBQ's have now been banned in the area as there were people using them on grassed areas and not extinguishing them properly. Probably the biggest issue in the area is people "climbing" into hard to reach areas and either becoming unable to get back down or falling. From about 11am/12pm onwards it does become busy and especially at the weekends. But if you get there early you miss the crowds .

David
    I want to take the photograph I think I'm taking

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Everything is a bit chaotic for me at the moment so I dont want to pin down a date, will do my best to make whatever date you guys choose though.

Page 1 of 9 1234567 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin