Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,902   Posts: 1,521,097   Online: 1000

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    35mm
    I wasn't able to take part in the workshop, but did attend the "Evening with Les McLean", which was fantastic. It was a little surreal looking at the images and hearing the stories behind them, while a little voice at the back of mind kept reminding me that this is the man who featured so much in the photography magazines I read while I was growing up. It is wonderful photographer and it is such a pleasure to be in his company. His talent and enthusiasm are only surpassed by his genuine desire to share his knowledge.

Thanks to Peter & Fintan for bringing to our shores and a big thanks to Les for coming. Sorry about "the digital Guinness" on Friday night.

David
    I want to take the photograph I think I'm taking

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You guys are very welcome, glad ye all enjoyed the workshop and the fun. Thanks for coming along.

Theres no doubt, Les has the gift and he's one helluva special man. He has said that it was one of the best workshops he's ever been on and thats down to everyone for creating that creative but fun atmosphere we had all through the weekend.

Thanks again,

Fintan

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi everyone,
    I just wanted to say that it was a pleasure to meet all of you and an absolute inspiration to watch and learn from Les(what a legend).
    I'm very glad to say that my printing has already improved hugely and my project for college was helped greatly by Les' advice.
    I look forward to seeing you all again.

Dave

Shooter
    Holga
    Hiya Dave... nice to see ya here. We were just talking about the workshop earlier today, and how inspiring it was.

A gang of us get together every few months to go on a shooting expedition... today Fintan, Peter, Mel and I were trying to avoid being swept out the sea and/or be blown off a cliff over near Dungarvan. Not all expeditions are so treacherous! Keep an eye on the forum and you'll see info on our next trip(s), you'd be more than welcome to join us.

Catherine

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Dave, great to see ya posting here. Great to hear the workshop helped you, thats what it all about. Post often dude!!

Fintan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by morecelli View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I just wanted to say that it was a pleasure to meet all of you and an absolute inspiration to watch and learn from Les(what a legend).
    I'm very glad to say that my printing has already improved hugely and my project for college was helped greatly by Les' advice.
    I look forward to seeing you all again.

Dave
    Hiya Dave and welcome!

Good to see you here, and to hear you're using all your new found knowledge! Hope you're still making tunes.. and sinking the dark stuff..

Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks guys,
    I'd definitely like to head out with yis on an auld expedition,good to hear no-one had to show off their swimming skills in Dungarvan, how'd the shots turn out?
    There's always some tunes and black stuff going in the big smoke if any of you are around at all.
    Again its great to meet up with a bunch of like minded mad yokes!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by morecelli View Post
    how'd the shots turn out?
    nothing to show just yet Dave, I shot 6 rolls of PanF but it will be later in the week before I can soup them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks to Catherine Fluffy Penguins we have some photos of our workshop online

http://www.fpworkshops.com/?page_id=7

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    A very big thankyou to les for a fantastic workshop that was so much fun. I'm a little late in replying,just joined you see!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin