Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,733   Posts: 1,515,350   Online: 974

Shooter
    Holga

traveling with paper?

hello gang,

off to paris this week, and will be renting darkroom time when i'm there. since i have loads of paper i thought of taking it with me rather than buying more once i'm there.

i know to not check film under the plane, but what about paper? sorry if this is a dumb question.

thx,

cath.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The checked baggage x-ray systems are guaranteed to fog film, and would almost certainly fog paper too. You'll need to take it in your carry-on bags.

Shooter
    Holga
    Thx. I pray they won't ask to "look" inside!! Maybe I should just buy new paper once I'm there... just trying to use up my stash!

:-)

Catherine

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    The checked baggage x-ray systems are guaranteed to fog film, and would almost certainly fog paper too. You'll need to take it in your carry-on bags.
    You're not serious about that one. Paper has a speed of about 6 ASA... that would need an awfull long exposure to x-rays.

I would worry a bit about major temperature changes.

G

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, paper is much slower than most film, but, they warn passengers not to place any photosensitive materials in the checked baggage. Seems easier to be safe than end up with a fogged package of paper. How about if you put a box of paper through a checked baggage x-ray on your next trip and let us know the result?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin