Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,687   Posts: 1,548,621   Online: 1250

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Darkroom Workshop for Beginners

I will be holding a one day workshop in Darkroom Printing for beginners on Saturday 25th August. This workshop is suited to beginners who wish to learn the basics of film development and darkroom printing. It may also suit those who have done darkroom work in the past but feel they may need a refresher course.

Each participant will need to bring at least one exposed and developed roll of traditional 35mm black & white film which can be of any subject. For this you can use any film camera from an expensive SLR to a basic compact camera.

All paper and chemicals will be supplied and full workshop notes will also be provided. The cost for the day is €50 and the venue will be Airfield House, Dundrum, Dublin 14, where free parking will be available. There is room for six people but I have four friends confirmed at present so there are two places free.

For further information, please feel free to pm me.

Peter
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    35mm
    Peter,

Sounds like a great day, just sorry that I'll be away that weekend. Airfield is a great choice, lovely big dark room in a quiet location.

David
    I want to take the photograph I think I'm taking

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A second date is now set for another beginners workshop on 29th September. The cost this time will be between €65 to €75 depending on the final numbers attending. (6 max)
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by thefizz View Post
    A second date is now set for another beginners workshop on 29th September. The cost this time will be between €65 to €75 depending on the final numbers attending. (6 max)
    Peter,

That sounds great and very reasonable costs too! Off to check my diary hopefully I'll make it on the 29th.

David
    I want to take the photograph I think I'm taking

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by thefizz View Post
    Hiya Peter,

I'm definitely on for the 29th September, I assume it's in Airfield, Dundrum again? Can you tell me what time will it start and end at?
    Looking forward to it.
    Thanks,

Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Síle,

Yes its on in Airfield House, starting at 10am and finishing at 5pm. You can have lunch in the Airfield Cafe or the Dundrum Town Centre is only two minutes down the road.

There are currently three spaces available if anyone else is interested.

Peter
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Balls!! Would have liked to come to this one but my folks are coming over from England for a weekend of pints and good food and that special Cork air. Will you be running another one?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Mel,

A weekend of pints and good food sounds great to me. Its a shame I have this workshop or I might have joined you

I may organise another one but not sure when that might be. I'll keep you posted.

Peter
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Hi Peter - thanks for getting back to me. Count me in - delighted to be having a go at this. It's been too many years since I printed anything. Regards,
    Andrew

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hi Andrew,

Great to have you on board.

Peter
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin