Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,469   Posts: 1,570,899   Online: 989

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by melball View Post
    Okay, any preferences on a county folks? (ie waterford, wexford or cork?) and if cork east or west?
    I'd fancy waterford Mel if you dont wanna do cork, I wanted to have something close for you and fluffy. Wicklow was close for David and Síle last time.

Do you have anything seascapey in mind??

Shooter
    35mm
    There is the Copper Coast in Waterford, check out http://www.coppercoastgeopark.com/

David
    I want to take the photograph I think I'm taking

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dferrie View Post
    There is the Copper Coast in Waterford, check out http://www.coppercoastgeopark.com/

David

Neat David, thats perfect. Its kindof handy to have a photo tour operator like yourself on the forum

Shooter
    35mm
    To be honest waterford is only an hour or so from me (I'm in east Cork) and it's no problem to pick up fluffy. I don't mind the drive.

Shooter
    35mm
    The Copper coast is located between Dungarvan in the west and Tramore in the east, towards Dungarvan in the west, more precisely between Fenor / Dunhill / Kilfarrasy and Stradbally.

We could start from Dungarvan and work east. I suggest this as I think Dungarvan is a much nice place to stay than Tramore. It would also mean (I think) that it would shorten the home trip for those who would have traveled farthest to get there.

David

Shooter
    35mm
    Sounds good. I've sent my man to the shop to get a set of tide tables for us (he works in Dungarvan). Have you used any hotels/b&bs in Dungarvan David? Any reccommendations? If not I can get Adrian to ask his colleagues for the local knowledge and I'll do some ringing around.
    Mel

Shooter
    35mm
    I haven't use B&B's in Dungarvan but I believe I have a list of them at home from Failte Ireland. I did stay in the Park hotel there is really nice but I think probably too expensive for an APUG outing . There is the Clonea/Gold Coast but it is some distance from the town and personally it's not one I would recommend.

As far as I can remember there are a couple of B&B's listed on the Dungarvan tourism site www.dungarvantourism.com, we would probably want one close to the town/town center but with parking. I think if we can get together a list of who is staying overnight we night be able to strike a deal with the proprietor of which ever B&B we use.

My normal approach is to call and ask for their standard rates and then ask what discount they will give for x number of rooms.

David

Shooter
    Holga
    Location looks great, really interesting...
    Cath.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Before we settle on a b+b we need to know the number of rooms needed. I rang one today but they only have 3 rooms and is only 38 euro per person.

So can we have a roll call for overnighters on Friday?

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm on for the overnight

David

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin