Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,771   Posts: 1,484,314   Online: 1067

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Good stuff, of course if anyone else knows of any galleries or good suppliers of mounts & frames, let us know.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan View Post
    @Everyone else
    I was thinking we could base the exhibition around the trips we did together this year [or next] and/or the workshops we ran. That gives plenty of scope and also gives a sort of direction i.e. showing what we achieved as a group. We could run a few more early in the new year.

Any thoughts on that?
    That sounds like a good idea, I suppose the only downside is that it might exclude some of the other APUG members who expressed an interest in exhibiting with us.

Would it be an idea to try "pencil" in some dates for the next outing?

David
    I want to take the photograph I think I'm taking

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would provisionally like to join in, but it will depend on dates and the theme. If the theme is Irish, I would not have much to show yet. Most of my stuff is landscape covering American canyons and deserts or bleak Polish winters. I'm planning to work on my surroundings this spring and summer. I guess I can try joining you next year, too.

Shooter
    35mm

exhibition

I'm Ok with helping this end.

As far as themes go, if we base it on our trips my entry might be a bit lean (unless I disappear back to the copper coast).

I'll also need a heads up on what it's going to cost as I'm a bit skint (until I get that new job that is going to pay me lots of dosh!).

Are we going to go looking for sponsorship?

Mel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

How about...

Kilkenny?

It's about 2 hour from Wicklow, 2 & 1/2 from Meath, an hour from Laois and 2 & 1/2 from Cork ..

You've got the medieval castle, (covered by our heritage cards).. Dunmore caves, Smithwicks Brewery, Rothe house the Town Hall, Butter slip and other lanes and lots more.. Might give us all some inspiration for the exhibition

Just a thought..

Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    35mm
    Don't forget that there is also Jerpoint Abbey (about 15-20 minutes from Kilkenny) also covered by Heritage cards, and St.Mary's in Gowran.

David

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I've got lots of Celtic monastery stuff to show (all 4x5) and would love to join in, depending on time and dates. But, sadly, I cannot submit anything from a trip as I never had the pleasure of joining you folks, although Peter and I did a couple on our own.
    Michael McClellan
    Documentary Photographer
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    http://www.MichaelMcClellan.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Well as far as I'm concerned your trips with Peter count, there have been trips where not all the APUG Ireland members attended, I missed the last trip to Waterford

David
    Last edited by dferrie; 01-09-2008 at 05:35 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: to fix smiley

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Having spent the weekend at our workshop in Airfield, I spoke with the person in charge of exhibitions and she is very keen on having an Apug/Ireland group exhibition. I am happy to go with Airfield and Catherine said she is working on a venue in Cork. Two weeks in each venue has been suggested but open for debate.

September has been mentioned but I need to confirm this with Airfield soon as they are booked up to July at present. There is no charge to exhibit but Airfield take a 25% commission on any sales which to my knowledge is very reasonable. They also want us to do a talk to open the exhibition so we might find a well known photographer for that. Airfield can hang roughly 40 prints. So if we get 10 people, we only need to prepare 4 prints each etc.

1) This thread has been up a while so can I suggest a cut off date of February 15th for signing up?

2) Is everyone happy with Airfield or have they checked out other Dublin venues they prefer?

3) Would Catherine and Mel check out Sirius in Cork?

Peter
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm in and happy with Airfield and with two weeks.

Do we pay for the opening night? Drink and the Guest Opener?
    www.fpworkshops.com
    Film Photography Workshops - Ireland

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin