Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,921   Posts: 1,584,932   Online: 1009

Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I'm in if "honorary Irish" may apply. I can easily DHL four prints in 16" x 20" mounts and PayPal the costs for framing, fees, etc. Might even attend if it's up in September!

This is exciting, folks! My photos will be of Skellig Michael and other monastic sites, with a possible tombstone shot I did with Peter on one of our trips (that should qualify!). I'm also happy to chip in on any opening night costs or help out as I can from Ethiopia.

Thanks for all the good work on this and I hope Sirius pulls through in Cobh. Thanks, eveyone!
    Michael McClellan
    Documentary Photographer
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    http://www.MichaelMcClellan.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok.. I'm in.. this is just the shove I need to get the darkroom (darkshed??) finished.. and if not someone might join me in renting out the Airfield darkroom for a day?

Great to have you on board too Michael

Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just want to moot a suggestion to you guys. In the spirit of APUG being a global home for analog photography I want to propose that we base the exhibition on the work of 10 APUG/Ireland photographers, using 3 prints from each. Then a further 10 photographs from photographers with strong associations with Ireland, now overseas.

Depending on the level of interest from these overseas photographers we can decide how many each can submit to us i.e. if 5 are interested then two prints each etc.

Any views on this?

Fintan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fintan View Post
    Just want to moot a suggestion to you guys. In the spirit of APUG being a global home for analog photography I want to propose that we base the exhibition on the work of 10 APUG/Ireland photographers, using 3 prints from each. Then a further 10 photographs from photographers with strong associations with Ireland, now overseas.

Depending on the level of interest from these overseas photographers we can decide how many each can submit to us i.e. if 5 are interested then two prints each etc.

Any views on this?

Fintan
    I have absolutely no problem with it to be honest, although if interest is high the most difficult task will be deciphering what constitutes "Strong associations with Ireland"?

Or will it be similar to the Irish football team.. If your Grannies next door neighbour has an Irish setter.. you qualify?

Síle
    Síle

If you saw a man drowning and you could either save him or photograph the event...what kind of film would you use?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Any views on this?

Fintan
    I have a few Irish images that I think are quite presentable from many hikes I took a couple a years ago, mostly north of Galway or in Co. Wicklow. The opportunity to have them in an Irish APUG show would be exciting!
    Jonathan
    -----------------------------------------------

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I don't mind as long as the locals are given the opportunity to commit first. Whatever room is left by February 15th can be divided amongst the overseas members.

I would also hope that all participants would make the effort to attend either of the Dublin or Cork openings.

Peter
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Holga

Any views on this?

Fintan

Good idea. I think priority should be to Irish photographers, second priority to photographers living/working in Ireland (penguins fall into this category) and third priority to internationals with a strong connection to Ireland.

Something to start thinking about as you work on your prints is an artist's statement, something Airfield (and most galleries) are keen on. I have some bookmarks on writing an artist's statement as I think it can be quite intimidating if you've never done one before. I'll dig 'em out and add 'em on to the thread.

As for expressions of interest -- count me in!

Cath.

Shooter
    Holga

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    We also need a title.

Any suggestions?
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffy_penguins View Post
    Something to start thinking about as you work on your prints is an artist's statement, something Airfield (and most galleries) are keen on.
    How about "I went, I photographed, I printed and I like it" as statement, too flowery/verbose I can try shorten it

Anyhow count me in.

As a matter of interest are we restricting this to B+W or will colour be acceptable too?

David
    I want to take the photograph I think I'm taking

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin