Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,713   Online: 903

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Holga
    David, you crack me up! LOL That's pretty funny!

I think B/w or colour... I shoot alot of colour through my holga... plus there's all the tricks we learned last weekend with Tim, beeeeauuuuutiful toned prints that might have started out b/w that are now gorgeous shades of blue, or mushroom, or peach!

So my vote is either, as long as it's film!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Count me in, however you want to count me in.

The folks on the island, whatever their nationality, should have priority I would think. So I'm good for one photo or ten -- you decide.

But since Ireland and the Irish have always been part of a much larger world -- and Diaspora -- Ireland lovers abroad would like to be included to the extent we can.

So . . . . I stand ready to help, to chip in, and even to participate; whatever it takes to make an APUG Irleand exhibition a killer show! Thanks and good luck.
    Michael McClellan
    Documentary Photographer
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    http://www.MichaelMcClellan.com

Shooter
    Holga
    Quote Originally Posted by dferrie View Post
    How about "I went, I photographed, I printed and I like it"
    I can't resist... so .... you went. Where did you go? a castle? ruin? historic site? landscape? Why there? An interest in the history of the place? a memory ? Something else? Once you got there what did you photograph? Buildings? People? Tourists? Ocean? Did you shoot in b/w or colour? Why one over the other? Do you have a fave camera? What makes it a fave? How does it feel when you shoot? What decisions are you making with choice of film, lens, camera? When you printed what were you hoping for? Did you achieve it? Were you listening to music as you printed? What music? Did it evoke something particular in the print for you?

C.

Shooter
    35mm
    HaHa

Count me in guys.

Fluffy, I'll be invading your darkroom and picking your brains on printing. I'm off to the Rugby this weekend (Tuesday Adrian came home with a big bouquet of flowers, Wednesday he came home with tickets to Ireland v Italy ...can't wait for tonight!) but we could try and meet up next weekend.

Mel

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by melball View Post
    Tuesday Adrian came home with a big bouquet of flowers, Wednesday he came home with tickets to Ireland v Italy ...can't wait for tonight! Mel
    :o :o :o
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    LOL Mel, its your turn tonite, bring home a Hasselblad

I've a message from Dave Miller, he's included in the overseas list. Thanks Dave.

Overseas people can PM me if you prefer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by dferrie View Post
    Anyhow count me in.

As a matter of interest are we restricting this to B+W or will colour be acceptable too?

David
    Excellent David, anything analog goes. Not restricted to B+W, I can see why you though that, we shoot so much B+W.

I just thought of a silly title ... "No Pixels"

Shooter
    Holga
    Hi gang,

Just gave a call over to Sirius. They'd like a CD of images and to know a little bit about the group. No one person curates, it's usually their arts officer, board, maybe a guest curator together. They will look at some representative images and be back in touch. We can then follow up on timing. I have all the details for where/how to submit. She did say they usually book at least a year or more ahead, but sometimes an opening arises. I told her a bit about us, and said we hoped to do this annually, so if this year doesn't work out perhaps, if they are interested, 2009 would be good?

Now, question is, can you send me dig images of a few of your prints? Alternatively, do you want to send work prints and I can put a box of prints together (although that will obviously take longer to compile). Low-resolution dig images are better, and my first instinct is that is the way to go, not only because that's how they prefer to receive images, but we can also follow up with paper if they like what they see,

Catherine

PS Mel... the darkroom is open! Come anytime!!!

Shooter
    Holga
    Love the title!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "Standing Still"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin